• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

Gills

Thanks. I have only taken the test once and I am retaking it soon. I just wanted to also submit for November. i really want Intel, so I'll retest hopefully do better and submit again in January

grant_davis

And then expect a week or more to hear back about your results when your OR says, "In the next day or two the results should be out." :D

haha yea from reading the other threads I have picked up on the fact that like most situations involving the government everything will happen when it happens. My ASTB was a little low so I am kind of dreading the results anyway haha. At least for now I am an SNA BDCP Applicant :icon_mi_1

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
haha yea from reading the other threads I have picked up on the fact that like most situations involving the government everything will happen when it happens. My ASTB was a little low so I am kind of dreading the results anyway haha. At least for now I am an SNA BDCP Applicant :icon_mi_1

Well fear not, that is an area that you can have immediate improvement to make your package way more competitive. While everything is considered in the package, the ASTB is a big part of it. (Think LSAT or MCAT for docs and lawyers).

I had a 5/6/6 50 and with a little studying I made a big improvement to an 8/9/8 57. Don't get down if you non-select..think positive, and if you want SNA then just stay SNA...and really get after the ASTB next time. Good luck on getting picked up this first go-around though.

grant_davis

Well fear not, that is an area that you can have immediate improvement to make your package way more competitive. While everything is considered in the package, the ASTB is a big part of it. (Think LSAT or MCAT for docs and lawyers).

I had a 5/6/6 50 and with a little studying I made a big improvement to an 8/9/8 57. Don't get down if you non-select..think positive, and if you want SNA then just stay SNA...and really get after the ASTB next time. Good luck on getting picked up this first go-around though.

Appreciate it... I have taken the test twice so it is going to be a big decision if I take it again. (I meet the minimums for USMC, which is pass/fail). But why think about that now. I feel like I have a chance on this board ☺ If not ill get my PRK and go from there

Charity

Final Select SNA
I have 3 LOR's, UT Tyler professor, UT Tyler cross country coach, and a good friend who I learned martial arts with who has her 2nd degree black belt as well as a Master's degree and a Nursing degree. I really wanted my martial arts instructor to write a letter but I don't have any idea where he is or how to contact him. I think he moved to Los Angeles to work for the LAPD and train and test for 5th degree black.

It seems like it's taking me forever to complete this packet.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
For those that have yet to read the thread, apparently the most of the OCS boards have been cancelled for November. This does not include BDCP.

Read here.

So I guess they gave out the rest of the FY09 slots in the October board. Sorry guys, this really sucks. Hopefully they don't just roll your packages over to January without any say from you, because i'm sure a few of you could use the extra 2 months to add some things.

Anyways it looks like only us BCDP guys will be duking it out when the board meets Monday.

McBuff

Sees the light
I'm now prepared for the worst but still hoping for the best. Hopefully this is just another rumor

bb081132

I sent an email to my recruiter. I do not expect to hear from him until Monday. Is anyone on airwarriors in the area of NRD Dallas?

craftynation

For those that have yet to read the thread, apparently the most of the OCS boards have been cancelled for November. This does not include BDCP.

Read here.

So I guess they gave out the rest of the FY09 slots in the October board. Sorry guys, this really sucks. Hopefully they don't just roll your packages over to January without any say from you, because i'm sure a few of you could use the extra 2 months to add some things.

Anyways it looks like only us BCDP guys will be duking it out when the board meets Monday.

dude....my recruiter checked the list and said I was on the Nov 08 board for SNa

McBuff

Sees the light
Yea mine too. This supposedly just happened so it could be true. Everyone just keep drinking your beer and we'll see.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was the source of the Board info in the other thread. I am trying to get more info so I can be sure I don't spread bum gouge. As always, follow your recruiter's advice. Of course, if you are done and have something back at CNRC, it doesn't matter much, you will hear one way or the other soon enough. I am sorry for the confusion. At this point the only way to explain the conflicting information is that A Board will meet in November, but it be filling quotas for FY10 ONLY. That isn't what I originally understood for the OPO I spoke with, but it is an explanation. Sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack. Carry on.