• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

BullGator

NO prior service
24 years old
Bachelors degree in Business Administration from University of Florida
3.07 GPA
7/6/7 OAR 61
Played football 4 years (co-captain), wrestling 1 year and track 3 years (co-captain)in H.S.
couple clubs in H.S.
Intramural football, and basketball in college
One prior Job after College

PT - run 12 minutes...pushups 71...situps 76

LOR's Old family friend(retired Naval), 2 H.S. AP teachers, Old football coach, another family friend, U.S. Senator NElson Recommendation Letter. None from Employers

Pro-Rec for Supply in October, got tabled for November NFO board.

I'm still anxious about the NFO spot, but atleast now i know there was nothing wrong with my application and the supply board seemed to like it...hopefully NFO board will think the same. Now for Meps and background check, so if i do get chosen I can get final select alot quicker. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats on the Supply pro-rec! And good luck with NFO in Novemeber.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I have no Prior Service

25 YO
BS Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with a Math Minor (E.I.T. Cert)
3.27 GPA (3.7 ish in Mayor if I recall with several Deans Lists)
6/7/5 53 (I did study, but not enough, I can do math, but not fast enough so I did not complete 45% of the test)

Should I retake the ASTB? Recruiter said I did not have to.

I am a Cuban Inmigrant and a US Citizen. I came here when I was 15.

I am having a professor or two, two friends (One a teacher, one a manager at a bank), a coworker (Navy E7), and maybe a retired CEC that works at the same site write the LORs..

I am going for SNA, SNFO, CEC. I want to fly very badly, but I will be happy being a CEC.

I have been running about 2 miles every other day and biking on my running days off (Roughly 10 - 15 miles at about 16 MPH Average)
I can do about 50 PU and 60+ Sit ups (I need to work on these)

I am going to MEPS on WED October 29th.

Am I competitive enough?

exo

I have no Prior Service

25 YO
BS Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with a Math Minor (E.I.T. Cert)
3.27 GPA (3.7 ish in Mayor if I recall with several Deans Lists)
6/7/5 53 (I did study, but not enough, I can do math, but not fast enough so I did not complete 45% of the test)

Should I retake the ASTB? Recruiter said I did not have to.

I am a Cuban Inmigrant and a US Citizen. I came here when I was 15.

I am having a professor or two, two friends (One a teacher, one a manager at a bank), a coworker (Navy E7), and maybe a retired CEC that works at the same site write the LORs..

I am going for SNA, SNFO, CEC. I want to fly very badly, but I will be happy being a CEC.

I have been running about 2 miles every other day and biking on my running days off (Roughly 10 - 15 miles at about 16 MPH Average)
I can do about 50 PU and 60+ Sit ups (I need to work on these)

I am going to MEPS on WED October 29th.

Am I competitive enough?

Although your recruiter may believe your ASTB scores are high enough (and they may be)... you should easily be able to score higher if study for a bit.

P.S. there's no such thing in my head as competitive enough, make it so it's an easy decision for the board.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I want to be as competitive as possible. I working on my PT right now. Once I get out of MEPS, I might start studying again and retake the ASTB soon. I might pick up a GRE book and do the math in those along with the current books I have. I noticed the Science Section is more common sence and knowledge than calculations. I wish the test was like the F.E. Exam and could go back to those questions in the 2.5 Hours I had because I finish the others sections so fast I could have used the minutes to complete the math. Ohh Well. I just have to speed up my test skills.

exo

I want to be as competitive as possible. I working on my PT right now. Once I get out of MEPS, I might start studying again and retake the ASTB soon. I might pick up a GRE book and do the math in those along with the current books I have. I noticed the Science Section is more common sence and knowledge than calculations. I wish the test was like the F.E. Exam and could go back to those questions in the 2.5 Hours I had because I finish the others sections so fast I could have used the minutes to complete the math. Ohh Well. I just have to speed up my test skills.

I got 7/7/7 61 on my ASTB. All I did for preparation was take all the practice ASTB material that was found on this site (math, mechanical comp only) and just do it as fast as possible, making sure to get them all done. If you really take in some studying you should be able to ace the test. I had 3.1 in the exact same major as you so you should be able to do much better if you study.

PT should be something you do when you want a break from studying for the ASTB. The PRT scores aren't even needed for your ADDOCS portion (what you submit for a pro-rec). Although it's important to pass them for your final select, it's certainly no where near as critial ASTb studying for your pro-rec app.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I know I can get in the sixties. This was also my very first test in about 2.5 years and I always sucked a time limited tests. I know what the test is all about now, so I know I can do a lot better. I am going to pick up the books for a month and see how it goes. I hope not to screw up and do worse though! :eek::D.. I also need to loose about 10 LBS, but I am working on that (Starvation has begun, so I intake about 1 Kcal a day only, sometimes 1.5 Kcal). Well see how MEPS goes!

McBuff

Sees the light
If you're going for the November boards then don't worry about studying for the ASTB. Nothing you can do about it now. Work on your weight and PT so that if you're pro-rec'd, you're ready to final select. If you're a non-select, then worry about retaking the test.

Do you need to lose 10lbs before MEPS or is that like an "id be in good shape if i lost 10lbs"? Either way good luck. Do some research about your diet. I've read a lot that says <1000cal/day really f's up your metabolism.

Good Luck

BullGator

Applying SNA only.

25/male.
2.91 GPA in zoology from UF: -Letter of "explanation for college GPA" included.
ASTB: 58, 7, 7, 8.

6 LORs:
(1) O-6 Marine -Naval Aviator, currently a CEO.
(1) O-3 Navy -Naval Aviator, a retired periodontist. Current employer.
(2) Life-long family friends with good professions.
(1) Vice principle of HS.
(1) Professor, English.

Activities: A lot of volunteer work, HS varsity football, college intramural basketball, and too many HS clubs to mention.
Well gentlemen, I will not be in the Nov. boards :icon_rage.

grant_davis

I am scared I won't be either.. My recruiter called today saying he needed my SAT scores... They are on the official transcript I send in with my app but he wanted them again for some reason... The only ones I had were prented on some thing the High School gave me when I graduated... I faxed that in and he said it would work but it has me nervous..

BullGator

I hit a pedestrian with the ol' truck, ran, and then the cops planted crack on me. ;) J/K, they didn't actually plant it on me. Haha.

Really, I f'ed up on my PRT and can't take it again until at least next week. I am also going to interview with an O-6 NFO Captain to strengthen my package; that should be a great boost! Sincerely: good luck guys.

grant_davis

You couldn't just leave your PRT scores off you app. Get the interview, work your butt off in the gym and then re-apply in Jan if you needed to?

Lola

Does the PAO board meet this month? I read that the Public Affairs board only meets (about) one time a year in Oct and they just admit 3 or so candidates. That may be very wrong though: let me know.

Good luck Lola.

PAO meets this November...and you are correct about the PAO board meeting once a year. I've been told it is VERY competetive and that they only select something like 1-3 canidates....so my fingers are crossed. I'm also on the boards for SWO and Supply. If I don't get PAO this time around I hope to lateral transfer if selected for another community.

I know someone asked about boards in December, and there are no December boards...just fyi.

:icon_smil

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I am scared I won't be either.. My recruiter called today saying he needed my SAT scores... They are on the official transcript I send in with my app but he wanted them again for some reason... The only ones I had were prented on some thing the High School gave me when I graduated... I faxed that in and he said it would work but it has me nervous..
Yea I was told today I needed my scores too. But he already sent my package in so I hope my scores catch up and don't get lost.