• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Rolling SWO Board

Matthew10

I hate it when they procrastinate things. Can you get a different Reccomendation letter from someone else?

SWOMan

Nope... she was my director in one of my internships.... employment letters must be included. She actually had me write the letter for her... that's why its depressing. All she had to do was sign and send lol

Anchors_Away

I was Pro rec N for Intel so I'll definitely be in this board. My recruiter said SWO recommended me for board last week. Anyone know what that means? He also stated that the board plans to meet at the end of the month.
do you know if your OR was just guessing at that date? Or if he had solid dates that are confirmed by NRC? Reason for asking is that there have been a number of false alarms in the past

Matthew10

I'm not sure how accurate his info is. He seemed confident. I'm sure someone else will chime in on these claims shining more light on the dates.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
If anyone has any questions about OCS feel free to ask, love to help…I think you will do well with the SWO board if the board suggested you apply.

Matthew10

That may have been a reference to me saying that SWO recommended me for board last week. I was trying to figure out what that meant.

goldmanharry91

That may have been a reference to me saying that SWO recommended me for board last week. I was trying to figure out what that meant.

That's what I assumed. My recruiter and the NRD ExO said mine was good to go and ready for the board when it happens. I'm assuming that the intention is the same.

Snakes2100

Well finished up the kit today, so I should be on the next board .....whenever it is. Crossing my fingers that it is at the end of this month!

Based on the time frame of past boards I have been in, I wouldn't expect this board to convene at the end of this month. It looks like the board began accepting applications/packets on October 1. It doesn't look like anyone knows a deadline on when applications are due, but I believe it is generally 3-4 weeks before the board convenes. If packets are still being accepted at the end of this month, I wouldn't expect the board to meet until the end of November at the earliest. Obviously I'm not in a position to make assumptions like this, so maybe some of the recruiters on here can at least confirm the time frame of a normal selection board.

*EDIT*
I just took a quick look at the previous SWO board and the dates were listed as below. This can probably be used as a general guideline for this board as well. If not, it will at least shed some light on how lengthy the process actually is.

JUN 30: AUG SWO Board announced/packets being accepted
JUL 24: Deadline for submitting packet
AUG 24: Selection Board met

Last edited:

Matthew10

So we might be looking at a Dec 1 time frame if they started accepting packets on Oct 1. Idk, maybe my recruiter said at the end of this month due to only 2 (I think) SWO boards happening this year. Not real sure where his reasoning came from.

Anchors_Away

So we might be looking at a Dec 1 time frame if they started accepting packets on Oct 1. Idk, maybe my recruiter said at the end of this month due to only 2 (I think) SWO boards happening this year. Not real sure where his reasoning came from.

Indeed. There was Feburary Board, and then an August board, so that might be the reason. ^^^ From what Ive learned from scouring the forums, the only reliable info comes from the officer recruiters/admins. Perhaps they can put some of our questions at ease.