• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

Sarah Kathleen

Yeah was news, not what I wanted to hear, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Just got off phone with OSO, and it's official I withdrew my application and am rolling with Marine Corps. Good luck to everyone!
I just got off the phone with my recruiter and she said nothing was decided still. She's the head for Phoenix so I'm sure she would know. She said last week the head officer for the southwest was projecting November and said the only way it would be December was if something got screwed and the holidays interfered.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
I just got off the phone with my recruiter and she said nothing was decided still. She's the head for Phoenix so I'm sure she would know. She said last week the head officer for the southwest was projecting November and said the only way it would be December was if something got screwed and the holidays interfered.

Well I guess it's hearsay at this point, but it's too late now LOL. Recruiter told me that the board date is Dec. 2nd and that kits need to be in by the Nov. 12, and if he miss informed me LOL, well that's all I can do right now. I thought over the weekend it was strange no news was given, and also veteran's day and thanks giving kinda cut November into peices. SO, if he told me something wrong it's unfortunate cause damn. Well at least I'll know something with the Corps.

Sarah Kathleen

Well I guess it's hearsay at this point, but it's too late now LOL. Recruiter told me that the board date is Dec. 2nd and that kits need to be in by the Nov. 12, and if he miss informed me LOL, well that's all I can do right now. I thought over the weekend it was strange no news was given, and also veteran's day and thanks giving kinda cut November into peices. SO, if he told me something wrong it's unfortunate cause damn. Well at least I'll know something with the Corps.
Exactly. He could be right. Mine could be right. Both could be wrong. Honestly recruiters are just as in the dark as applicants a lot of the time.

Derek O

If you read through the October-ish board thread you'll notice we all played this game with each other no more than a month ago haha. We were all told the board "WILL BE" late October. Someone who knew someone knew for sure, yet little did we know the board had already been held and we all got our results the next day. I've been in the navy a day or two now, just get used to this game and enjoy it. Good luck to you all, we'll all be best friends in a few months.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
Exactly. He could be right. Mine could be right. Both could be wrong. Honestly recruiters are just as in the dark as applicants a lot of the time.
I totally agree with you, but I'm an old guy whose gamble in the game of hearsay can slam that door of opportunity close on me. I held my breath, but that breath is running out. Wish I were younger when I applied, but regret only makes one a bitter human being. I'm happy I chose the Navy, and that it led me to the Marines was also a great thing. Best of luck to everyone!

Phoenix19917

I think mostly because they are rolling boards, supposed to be convened when enough packages have been received. I think the hope is that with many recruiting districts holding kits until Oct 1, there will be enough kits to warrant a board sooner than 3 months. Just my take, I could be dead wrong.

Gabriel Pramik

I think mostly because they are rolling boards, supposed to be convened when enough packages have been received. I think the hope is that with many recruiting districts holding kits until Oct 1, there will be enough kits to warrant a board sooner than 3 months. Just my take, I could be dead wrong.
Historically they do a early December board before the holidays and it seems as though quite a few individuals were selected in September (24th). But who knows were all just guessing.

Nope guys it's official! December 2nd recruiter just got out of meeting with processing manager and called me right away. Kits must be in by no later than November 12. That pretty much makes my marine option solid Gold, was stressing all weekend, but to have a board December 2nd and if I'm nonselected would sincerely suck.

Last chance to apply with Marine Corps is 1st of December for me to have my flight physical in Jan. So it's pretty cut and dry, either I gamble my selection and age out if I'm not selected, or I roll the dice with the Marines and at least know I've got a shot and won't be aged out for Marine OCS. My brain was on fire all weekend, but now it's at ease with this news. Shit happens, but at least I didn't put all my eggs into one basket and having that stolen.

Hey man, I've been seeing your story on here a lot cause you post so much and I gotta say - if I were you, I would not have withdrawn my kit after your recruiter "confirmed" that the board date is December 2nd. Is it written in stone? Is it even up to your recruiter? For all you know, a board could get held two days from now and you'd be absolutely kickin yourself for withdrawing like that. If one can learn anything from this site, and these rolling board threads in particular, it's that the boards will happen when they happen. Unless your recruiter is Rufio or NavyOffRec I would take their word with a H U G E grain of salt.

Also - I started an app earlier this year with the Marines, and the OSO said it's no big deal to have apps in for more than one service. He's had a guy who applied AF and Marines and Navy simultaneously before. Could be a different recruiting district policy, yada yada, but I never saw you post definitively that you can't just apply to both. After seeing all your posts I hope that's an option for you, rather than throwing away the Navy app and still having to gamble on the Marines.

exNavyOffRec

Nope guys it's official! December 2nd recruiter just got out of meeting with processing manager and called me right away. Kits must be in by no later than November 12. That pretty much makes my marine option solid Gold, was stressing all weekend, but to have a board December 2nd and if I'm nonselected would sincerely suck.

Last chance to apply with Marine Corps is 1st of December for me to have my flight physical in Jan. So it's pretty cut and dry, either I gamble my selection and age out if I'm not selected, or I roll the dice with the Marines and at least know I've got a shot and won't be aged out for Marine OCS. My brain was on fire all weekend, but now it's at ease with this news. Shit happens, but at least I didn't put all my eggs into one basket and having that stolen.

I think you have made the right decision, even if the results were positive I think it would be nearly impossible to get to OCS on the Jan 3rd class, odds are it will be filled by then.