• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

mb1685

The 8th, that shit has me sweating blood like Jesus Christ. I am already have 90% of the paperwork done with the OSO incase of non-selection, but I really freaking hope these boards meet in November. I wanna know if the Navy says "YES" or "NOPE" so I can transfer my stuff to the OSO in time for the flight physical the 6th of Jan.

I've got it even worse...my birthday is one day earlier. ;)

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
I've got it even worse...my birthday is one day earlier. ;)

christiano-ronaldo-epic-agony-expression.gif

Airbus

Dumb question for you guys.....how do you get to take the flight physical before you're even selected for OCS by a board? I just don't understand how this works. Mainly for RoamingBiologist who lists his flight physical for the 6th of Jan.

RoamingBiologist

That's the date the OSO gave me for flight physical. Applying with marine corps as a backup plan in case the Navy says nope. They send you for a flight physical before you can apply for pilot or nfo.

RoamingBiologist

That's the date the OSO gave me for flight physical. Applying with marine corps as a backup plan in case the Navy says nope. They send you for a flight physical before you can apply for pilot or nfo.

@RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec,

I got a message from the OSO informing me that I need a package in by first week of December in order to get my NOMI flight physical for January. Would completing the package for me to be able to go to NOMI flight physical DQ my package waiting for the Navy SNA/SNFO this coming November's Or December's boards? The Pilot and NFO boards for Marines is in March, so I wouldn't be able to apply until I get a clearance for flight physical with NOMI. Could I still apply for these coming boards and just finish my package with corps to qualify for flight physical, not even apply yet to their boards?

P.S.
I ask because my recruiter has been unaware or has not informed me on things you guys know before hand, he's still organizing the boat load of applicants he inherited from the recruiter swap that happened at my district. Don't blame him for being swamped or unaware of things.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Dumb question for you guys.....how do you get to take the flight physical before you're even selected for OCS by a board? I just don't understand how this works. Mainly for RoamingBiologist who lists his flight physical for the 6th of Jan.

You only get the full flight physical before the Board if you're applying for Marines. If you're going Navy they send you to MEPS for a physical that determines if you are fit for commissioning only, and then you get the full flight work-up your first (or second?) week at OCS.

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
An officer processor (not my recruiter) emailed me asking me to sign 8 documents labelled "Questionnaire for National Security Positions". Is this part of the background check or more paperwork that goes into my packet for submission?

MM1 SS/DV

An officer processor (not my recruiter) emailed me asking me to sign 8 documents labelled "Questionnaire for National Security Positions". Is this part of the background check or more paperwork that goes into my packet for submission?
Yes, your recruiter should of had you sign them before submitting your packet. I went through a similar situation.

RoamingBiologist

Well few days and a couple hoops later with Marine OSO, only way to get that seat for Jan. Flight physical is to SPF my kit with the Navy before 1st of Dec. My reasoning is if the boards don't convene at the 90ish day mark or my OR still doesn't know when it is I'm gonna probably SPF it and just roll with the Marine boards before I possibly age out. Fingers crossed, but gotta do what gets me the best chance at flying. Keep yall posted on any new info Navy or Marines I come across.

RoamingBiologist

Nope! I emailed my recruiter and she told me that the board hasn't even convened yet and that it SHOULD be any day. But who knows. It's all a waiting game when it comes to the military. Gotta love it

Nope guys it's official! December 2nd recruiter just got out of meeting with processing manager and called me right away. Kits must be in by no later than November 12. That pretty much makes my marine option solid Gold, was stressing all weekend, but to have a board December 2nd and if I'm nonselected would sincerely suck.

Last chance to apply with Marine Corps is 1st of December for me to have my flight physical in Jan. So it's pretty cut and dry, either I gamble my selection and age out if I'm not selected, or I roll the dice with the Marines and at least know I've got a shot and won't be aged out for Marine OCS. My brain was on fire all weekend, but now it's at ease with this news. Shit happens, but at least I didn't put all my eggs into one basket and having that stolen.

Last edited:

Phoenix19917

Well I was hoping for earlier than Dec 2nd but hey the update is appreciated, now if I could get some word on this SWO board!