• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 2023 Covene day.

sasebobeast

Just got a call, i got selected! January 15!

Stats.

Bio degree
50 Oar
3.7gpa

3 rec letters. (1 from an O-8, 2 former employers)

will be going around that time OCS in early April just before

Just got a call, i got selected! January 15!

Stats.

Bio degree
50 Oar
3.7gpa

3 rec letters. (1 from an O-8, 2 former employers)
If your OCS class starts on 21JAN2024, then your graduation will be on Friday 19APR2024.

Supply School starts on Tuesday 23APR2024. But if you don’t go to that one, they will have another one in summer on Tuesday 16JUL2024.

When I went to OCS my class started 24JAN2021 and graduated 23APR2021.

Good luck y’all, I will see you all at Supply School!
PS enjoy every moment of it, I still have amazing memories from OCS. If you have any questions message me.

Last edited:
Also got picked for Supply today. OCS date is FY24 so not exactly sure when it could be.

Was told I need to get a pre-OCS PRT done before they ship me out due to high numbers of people dropping out. Curious if that applies to everyone and what passing level of PRT do I need for this one (Good Low or Satisfactory High or what?)

sasebobeast

Also got picked for Supply today. OCS date is FY24 so not exactly sure when it could be.

Was told I need to get a pre-OCS PRT done before they ship me out due to high numbers of people dropping out. Curious if that applies to everyone and what passing level of PRT do I need for this one (Good Low or Satisfactory High or what?)
(2) Physical Readiness Test (PRT). The PRT consists of push-ups, plank, and a 1.5 mile run. The minimum passing score must be achieved on all three events to pass the PRT.

b. Tests:
(1) Initial Strength Test (IST). Conducted during candidate check-in week. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM.

(2) In-PFA. Conducted during week 4. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY HIGH.

(3) Mid-PFA. Conducted during week 8. The minimum passing score is GOOD LOW.

(4) Out-PFA. Conducted during weeks 11-13. Minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM. The Out-PFA is the official PFA that will be recorded in the Navy's Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRIMS). A candidate must pass the Out-PFA in order to graduate. In rare circumstances, the DOCS may authorize the Mid

Reference: Page 4-11 OTCNINST 1530.6M

At least SAT MEDIUM.

OmgItzARC

What were your stats?

(2) Physical Readiness Test (PRT). The PRT consists of push-ups, plank, and a 1.5 mile run. The minimum passing score must be achieved on all three events to pass the PRT.

b. Tests:
(1) Initial Strength Test (IST). Conducted during candidate check-in week. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM.

(2) In-PFA. Conducted during week 4. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY HIGH.

(3) Mid-PFA. Conducted during week 8. The minimum passing score is GOOD LOW.

(4) Out-PFA. Conducted during weeks 11-13. Minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM. The Out-PFA is the official PFA that will be recorded in the Navy's Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRIMS). A candidate must pass the Out-PFA in order to graduate. In rare circumstances, the DOCS may authorize the Mid

Reference: Page 4-11 OTCNINST 1530.6M

At least SAT MEDIUM.
Thanks for this. I know the in-OCS PRT standards. Just hadn't heard about doing a PRT before I go to OCS

sasebobeast

Thanks for this. I know the in-OCS PRT standards. Just hadn't heard about doing a PRT before I go to OCS

Yes, this is the first time I heard it too.

First Friday will be your first physical activity observation where you get pushed hard (1st PT session) that morning which would be Friday 26JAN2024.This is also your introduction to the class team, rdc, and drill instructors to see if you can survive OCS physically and mentally.

A week or so after there is something called fast cruise which is like really intense PT (First Friday x2 intensity). Just screaming in your face for no reason even when you are doing the exercise correctly. Secret is to not give up that’s all they want.

Between first Friday, sucky Saturday, and fast cruise. We had like 20+ drops or rolls to other classes (indoc phase)

My word of advice is don’t stand out for either being too good or too bad just be in the group but be invisible, be the average; this is for physical phase (indoc to end of JOC phase). However, once you go to the academic phase or SOC phase (week 7-9) and leadership phase 9weeks+ as (officer candidates, candidate officers) feel free to stand out and show your leadership. But for supply officers it doesn’t matter if you get the highest prt score, best inspection, or highest grades in the class, this only applies for SWO’s as their scores dictate their rank in ship selection week 8ish. Graduating with academic honors/ pt honors although nice won’t help you at all when you enter the fleet, you all graduate the same so just focus on graduating and not rolling.

Supply School is where the marbles are! The people with the best grades pick ships first and have a higher preferences for ships, or you get a higher chance you get what you want.

Last edited: