• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 2023 Covene day.

Meps hasn't let me come in yet. My recruiter will be putting a waiver in to request a later deadline for my physical. My application is due beforehand and I started my prescreen like 4 months ago which I realize these days isn't far enough in advance. But I definitely wouldn't have imagined I still wouldn't have my physical done by now.

exNavyOffRec

Meps hasn't let me come in yet. My recruiter will be putting a waiver in to request a later deadline for my physical. My application is due beforehand and I started my prescreen like 4 months ago which I realize these days isn't far enough in advance. But I definitely wouldn't have imagined I still wouldn't have my physical done by now.
Are you needing to keep submitting documents? or has your recruiter just not heard anything?

Are you needing to keep submitting documents? or has your recruiter just not heard anything?
They requested certain documents. My recruiter confirmed that it was all they they wanted. We supplied them. Then a month later they requested additional records for something else etc.. so they haven't cleared me to come in yet.

exNavyOffRec

They requested certain documents. My recruiter confirmed that it was all they they wanted. We supplied them. Then a month later they requested additional records for something else etc.. so they haven't cleared me to come in yet.
What probably happened is those documents mentioned something else so that led them to ask for other documents, things like that happen sometimes including applicants finding out that had an injury/condition they were unaware of as they were too young to remember, but the documents led the doctors down a path that revealed that issue.

It is rare for them to let a civilian submit late, especially when they don't know where your medical journey could lead.

What probably happened is those documents mentioned something else so that led them to ask for other documents, things like that happen sometimes including applicants finding out that had an injury/condition they were unaware of as they were too young to remember, but the documents led the doctors down a path that revealed that issue.

It is rare for them to let a civilian submit late, especially when they don't know where your medical journey could lead.
For what it's worth I am a Tricare dependent (my husband is active duty) so I would have thought they'd have access to the majority of my adult records. All of the records requested were things that I self-reported in my prescreen, they just didn't ask for the records all at once and so it has prolonged it even further out. Like a minor day surgery procedure for example. I reported it. They didn't ask for records. They requested records for something different, then a month later they asked for records from that surgery. It's been stuff like that. I would have gladly submitted all of this upfront. They haven't discovered anything I didn't report to them. Not to my knowledge anyways. I tried to cover everything and just tackle it from the get-go.

exNavyOffRec

For what it's worth I am a Tricare dependent (my husband is active duty) so I would have thought they'd have access to the majority of my adult records. All of the records requested were things that I self-reported in my prescreen, they just didn't ask for the records all at once and so it has prolonged it even further out. Like a minor day surgery procedure for example. I reported it. They didn't ask for records. They requested records for something different, then a month later they asked for records from that surgery. It's been stuff like that. I would have gladly submitted all of this upfront. They haven't discovered anything I didn't report to them. Not to my knowledge anyways. I tried to cover everything and just tackle it from the get-go.
You may have a doctor looking at your records that when he or she sees an issue they stop and say "need further info", then when they get the info they look further.

I had the same thing happen and I asked the MEPS liaison WTF, he said "oh that is doc XXX" once he sees an issue he stops and won't look again until he has what he asks for. The delay was only a few weeks for my candidate thank god.

You may have a doctor looking at your records that when he or she sees an issue they stop and say "need further info", then when they get the info they look further.

I had the same thing happen and I asked the MEPS liaison WTF, he said "oh that is doc XXX" once he sees an issue he stops and won't look again until he has what he asks for. The delay was only a few weeks for my candidate thank god.
Oh lovely. That would be my luck!

You said it's unlikely that they'll approve a waiver for me to submit my application while still waiting on my physical?

exNavyOffRec

Oh lovely. That would be my luck!

You said it's unlikely that they'll approve a waiver for me to submit my application while still waiting on my physical?
Correct, there have been too many instances of a person not being cleared in time or slipping through the cracks and getting a Pro Y then not being qualified for the position. They sometimes will grant waivers but it isn't anything to count on, once the doctor gives you the all clear you could be waiting for several weeks just to get the physical done, and if they want a consult on anything disclosed you could be talking several more weeks after that.

Yeah it makes sense. Also, probably why my recruiter is MIA even though my package is due for submission in two weeks. At this rate I could complete an accelerated grad degree in health admin and try for medical corps while waiting.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah it makes sense. Also, probably why my recruiter is MIA even though my package is due for submission in two weeks. At this rate I could complete an accelerated grad degree in health admin and try for medical corps while waiting.
It could be that given the medical disclosures he knows from past history that he doesn't think you will get cleared? or it could be that based on your GPA he feels the same way? There are many recruiters that just don't like giving a candidate the real story, hopefully your recruiter is just busy and flooded with work.

It could be that given the medical disclosures he knows from past history that he doesn't think you will get cleared? or it could be that based on your GPA he feels the same way? There are many recruiters that just don't like giving a candidate the real story, hopefully your recruiter is just busy and flooded with work.
He told me that he is going to put a waiver in and expects to still be able to submit my package on time. Meps latest timeline that they gave him for an update is next Friday. Days before the deadline so obviously there is no way I'm getting into meps on time.