• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 2023 Covene day.

It could be that given the medical disclosures he knows from past history that he doesn't think you will get cleared? or it could be that based on your GPA he feels the same way? There are many recruiters that just don't like giving a candidate the real story, hopefully your recruiter is just busy and flooded with work.
My gpa is 3.92 so it isn't that. We were cruising along until I think he realized he isn't going to be able to submit my package for this board.

exNavyOffRec

My gpa is 3.92 so it isn't that. We were cruising along until I think he realized he isn't going to be able to submit my package for this board.
That could be, focus the time on those that can make the deadline, if they keep asking for documents and the length of time makes me wonder if they will want a consult for anything.

ms1651

I’m 31 and still within age but my recruiter still had me get a waiver because I’ll be 32 if I receive a commission. Turning 32 11/24.

exNavyOffRec

What's your age? Curious because I heard they are boosting it to 37 possible because supply isn't getting enough applicants.
I wouldn't buy that at all, Supply has always done well and has not filled their allocated pro Y spots because they didn't feel the need.
I’m 31 and still within age but my recruiter still had me get a waiver because I’ll be 32 if I receive a commission. Turning 32 11/24.
NRC would have required a waiver as it would be impossible for you to go to board and OCS before turning 32, that is the measure they use.

I wouldn't buy that at all, Supply has always done well and has not filled their allocated pro Y spots because they didn't feel the need.

NRC would have required a waiver as it would be impossible for you to go to board and OCS before turning 32, that is the measure they use.
It was directly from my recruiter who was informed of the potential change. So we shall see if they go through with it or not.. just what I was told.

exNavyOffRec

It was directly from my recruiter who was informed of the potential change. So we shall see if they go through with it or not.. just what I was told.
More than likely rumors, the top end is 35 now and adding 2 years won't do much as the the older an applicant is the less chance they will qualify physically, the rumors are what causes all these recruiting messes, that is what causes recruiters to hold applications because they "hear" a board is "cancelled" then all of a sudden people are selected and recruiters are left trying to explain to their applicants what happened.

More than likely rumors, the top end is 35 now and adding 2 years won't do much as the the older an applicant is the less chance they will qualify physically, the rumors are what causes all these recruiting messes, that is what causes recruiters to hold applications because they "hear" a board is "cancelled" then all of a sudden people are selected and recruiters are left trying to explain to their applicants what happened.
He rread me the email last night from whoever in charge of supply recruiting or w/e sent it out to the recruiting centers. But I understand that doesn't mean it's a sure thing or happening. Previously it was waivable up to 35 only for prior service. They were saying they would be waiving up to 37 for civilians.

exNavyOffRec

He rread me the email last night from whoever in charge of supply recruiting or w/e sent it out to the recruiting centers. But I understand that doesn't mean it's a sure thing or happening. Previously it was waivable up to 35 only for prior service. They were saying they would be waiving up to 37 for civilians.
They look for input on changes on a regular basis, they will evaluate a few things, but the main one they often go by is are they getting enough applicants as it is, and if a designator is not filling available spots when they have plenty of applicants like Supply has been doing they don't have a lack of applicants.

Some of the guys on the recent past boards declined had outstanding applications.

Hadoukei

They look for input on changes on a regular basis, they will evaluate a few things, but the main one they often go by is are they getting enough applicants as it is, and if a designator is not filling available spots when they have plenty of applicants like Supply has been doing they don't have a lack of applicants.

Some of the guys on the recent past boards declined had outstanding applications.
That is frightening to hear, guys been decline with outstanding applications ? Can I PM you about my likelihood or is that beating a dead horse?

exNavyOffRec

That is frightening to hear, guys been decline with outstanding applications ? Can I PM you about my likelihood or is that beating a dead horse?
It is too hard to predict, did some of those with outstanding applications get denied because there was a legal issue, maybe, over age limit maybe, or maybe they didn't think the degree was good enough, sometimes you just don't know.

Hadoukei

I think the only thing that would be a potential is degree since I got a 3.52 in bachelors of science in public admin. Since I’m below the age limit and have no legal issue.

It’s just nerve wracking yknow

MarthMain

Personally, I'm hoping my OAR (68) can overcome my middling GPA. 3.03 or 3.04 I don't remember exactly though. Also my recruiter told my LoRs weren't needed anymore, so I didn't get any, curious to know if you all did or not.

Hadoukei

Personally, I'm hoping my OAR (68) can overcome my middling GPA. 3.03 or 3.04 I don't remember exactly though. Also my recruiter told my LoRs weren't needed anymore, so I didn't get any, curious to know if you all did or not.
They didn’t ask me for LORs anymore either