• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 2023 Covene day.

exNavyOffRec

Huge congratulations to all who have been selected! I am trying to get everything squared away to submit my application for the February board, but I keep going back and forth on whether or not taking the OAR for a second time is worth it.

Stats:
3.93 GPA BS (Religious Studies w/ Psychology Minor)
46 OAR
5 Referral Letters from a variety of enlisted and officer folks

I took the OAR last month, studied almost daily for two weeks and did okay. Recruiter said my package is competitive but suggested I give it another shot. I am set to take it again in 11 days but have not had a chance to study. I know what I am up against since I have already taken it, and feel that with some extra studying I can score higher but the thought of potentially scoring lower and that being the score I have to present with my package is holding me back. My husband is active duty and being selected on this upcoming board would be the best for our family and the makeshift time line I have strung together to give me an idea what our upcoming year will look like (I have a 10 month old and a two year old, who also make carving time out of my day after a full days work, very hard).

Please advise!
Just go for it.
As someone who struggled with standardized tests since moving to the US, and who took it 3x. I suggest really doing math questions part of your study routine. On my 3rd try, math questions that i messed up previously got a little easier to answer, given you have practiced tackling those questions over and over daily. I did 30questions a day, 15 math, 15 mechanical before i show up to my civilian job and it really helped

I know people who got waivers for their oar and lower gpa than yours who got picked up. At this point, all you can do is study for the next take if you’re still worried about your oar and submit your application this upcoming boards. Im not saying you’ll automatically will get picked up despite having a strong gpa and rec letters but it wont hurt you submitting with your current stats sinc the minimum for supply is 45

I can only imagine fitting all these while having kids. Props to you and good luck. You got this
The min OAR is now 42 as of yesterday, as long as a person doesn't need a waiver no one really cares about the OAR.

sortiz

As someone who struggled with standardized tests since moving to the US, and who took it 3x. I suggest really doing math questions part of your study routine. On my 3rd try, math questions that i messed up previously got a little easier to answer, given you have practiced tackling those questions over and over daily. I did 30questions a day, 15 math, 15 mechanical before i show up to my civilian job and it really helped

I know people who got waivers for their oar and lower gpa than yours who got picked up. At this point, all you can do is study for the next take if you’re still worried about your oar and submit your application this upcoming boards. Im not saying you’ll automatically will get picked up despite having a strong gpa and rec letters but it wont hurt you submitting with your current stats sinc the minimum for supply is 45

I can only imagine fitting all these while having kids. Props to you and good luck. You got this
Thank you so much!

DElmore

In 99% of the cases alternates are not used, it is a leftover of how they did business many many years ago when they would select the exact number they needed and then pick alternates, now they over-select by about 140% so if they need 100 they pick 40 extras. There has been just a few cases in the past year where a person was an alternate and was picked up.

The other thing to be aware of is there are 2 more Supply boards for FY 24, which means they have spots to fill still.

This confusion most often happens with those on AD as BOL needs to be updates.
Sir, are you suggesting that I resubmit my package for the board in February?

exNavyOffRec

Sir, are you suggesting that I resubmit my package for the board in February?

GPA 3.2 (Business Management)
OAR: 44 (waiver)
Current LS
I would say no for a variety of reasons, Supply is notorious for not using all the selections they have, SWO did the same thing and missed goal so this "could" be a way for Supply to make sure if they don't use all their selections they can send you last minute to make goal. The biggest reason I would say not to apply again is that in the status you are in you really can't, and if they really wanted you now they would have given you a "yes". You are in a wait and see situation.

ageagle

Our board isn’t until Feb 14th
I see, good luck! I got picked up November after the Nov boards, was supposed to start Jan 15 however i think i still need some time to get my PRT numbers around good low so my recruiter allowed me to go Feb 26 instead. Just wonderinf if anybody here chose the same date.

adamrobe

Hey ya'll, just remembered this page and how I used to live on here patiently awaiting my Supply OCS results. Congratulations to all selected, and keep grinding to those who didn't! It took me 2 tries being prior enlisted to get selected. Let me know if anyone wants to hear my stats and what I was up against. There is always a way to get the Y. I had a marathon of hurdles from my enlisted side, and just as much when I was selected to actually going to OCS (critical NEC, deployment, poor CoC, etc). Would love to give back and help with anything I can! Also, give those selected some cheat codes for OCS. Cheers. See you in the fleet!