• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not Looking Like a Cheap B@stard

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I gave engraved pint glasses, plus my wife made "goody bags," with some stuff I don't remember.

I just got a glazed ceramic beer stein for being in one. Definitely something that stands out.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Currently tackling the same problem. I've recieved several cool gifts: engraved beer mug, flask with wings and name, cufflinks.

I considered giving out custom cufflinks since its cheap to get custom jewelry made over here. Mrs. Pags suggested a nice pen, like a Mont Blancs, which is the current competition leader. But, I do like the idea of a knife/leatherman or a flashlight, especially if they're military.

Rubiks06

pilot
I got my groomsmen a pocket flask/cigar case and put their favorite booze in it with one of my favorite cigars. My best bud gave me an engraved beer mug very nice...still use it. Cigar/Flask case was because we used to hang out with a glass of scotch and smoke a cigar. Personal is always better. My two cents.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
My husband got each of his groomsmen a bottle of their favorite liquor. It seemed to be a hit. :)
I got married at a wedding place in Utah which meant no booze for the groom:(

RivrGuide

Admiral Hartman 4 Life
pilot
Leatherman

I got the groomsmen a leatherman surge each, about 75 bucks and they all use it all the time. Personalized stuff is nice, just focus on something they will use and enjoy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Having been in A LOT of weddings, flasks are cool...

the first time....

I have 4 flasks.

I don't need 4 flasks.

What's your budget? A small multi tool, pocketknife, gift certificate to a great restaurant, "something" of the month club, a book that means something to you (with something personal written inside), Netflix...

you can come up with something more original than a flask.

edit: there's also no rule saying you have to give them all the same thing. With only 3 guys, you could really personalize the gift and make it meaningful. They are standing up for you.

I went to Things Remembered and got individual things for each of my groomsmen, and the Marine who corraled together the guys for the sword arch. I thought it might be a little cheesy to go there but they had things that fit each of my groomsmen. My brother got a little thermometer and humidity gage (weather nut) and another one I got decanter and two tumblers. Just go to a place like that and you will see some stuff.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Ah yes, nothing says "I was once a groomsman" like having a flask/pocketknife/multitool with your intials engraved on it.

I've recieved those gifts in the past, all are great, don't get me wrong, but the best yet was my brother-in-law got me a nice portable DVD player, very different than any groomsman gift I've ever gotten. He spared the engraving bit since we all knew what our initials were...

Best bet is to get them something you know they'll use. Engraving stuffs always good, but only if its something they'll use. I once got monogrammed golfballs, cool idea, but I'll never use them for fear of scuffing/losing them.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I got a cool engraved zippo at one wedding, engraved flasks at another, and a really cool chessboard at another. All cool.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I've seen a double cigar holder where one was actually a mini-flask - combine it with a quality stogie and you're set.

themoose82

I got a nice set of poker chips in a case with my last name on it. Our thing was always getting together and playing poker, so I thought it was a really good gift.

Moose

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Maybe I'm a softie, but I would go the "will use, but somewhat special" route, e.g. if they drink, a flask or a mug. If they shoot, you could go big with monogrammed pistols, but that might set you back.

Point is, a DVD player or regular item, I can get myself, and will eventually sh!tcan when it's either broken or obsolete. Try to capture why you put these retards in your wedding party, whether it's you're all in the military, went to high school together, etc.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
sfg2-tn.jpg

Surefire G2™ Nitrolon®...around 35 bucks and has a 65/120 lumen output...

Now THAT is a good gift...

Another vote for a Surefire...