• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines Merger

MasterBates

Yes I noticed Diesel is $3.94 a gallon here. Cost me $125 to fill my truck yesterday. My dad (truck driver) figures he is working 3 of 5 days a week just to pay for fuel.

Demand for that range of distillate will slacken some in the spring, as #2 home heating oil is essentially diesel with slightly less refining, so that will help on the demand end of the problem. The supply, not going to get better soon. Between chinese demand, out demand and OPEC not wanting to pump more, it will keep the rack price high.

Rack price = price of fuel loaded onto tanker truck for transport to gas station or other retail outlet/end user.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It will probably take a year + to make everything "work" ...

Too bad that the surviving name will be "DELTA", as they started in 1928 as Delta Air Service while Northwest began flyin' the mail in 1926 as Northwest Airways. NWA is the oldest, continuous flying US airline as of today -- Chalk's doesn't count -- remember, I said "airline".

Also too bad that "Dick" Anderson will be back. NWA "escaped" his enlightened management a few years ago. What a greasy, soft, lily-white handed, slicked-back weasel ... :)

The irony is that NWA and DELTA came w/in .25-.35 cents/share of stock and couldn't decide which "management team" would be the survivor --- in 1983.

What a difference in US airlines THAT merger would have made ... :icon_wink

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just noticed one more thing:

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]" .... Northwest pilots and the union representing most of Northwest's ground workers immediately announced they would fight the combination.

Dave Stevens, chairman of the Northwest branch of the Air Line Pilots Association, said in a prepared statement, "The risk to Northwest Airlines and to the Northwest pilot group from letting this merger proceed, as it is now structured, is simply too great." ....

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]I love ya, Dave ... :D

[/FONT]

Huggy Bear

pilot

Also too bad that "Dick" Anderson will be back. NWA "escaped" his enlightened management a few years ago. What a greasy, soft, lily-white handed, slicked-back weasel ... :)

]

Careful A4's... They might try to get back at you through your pension for that comment.

Oh wait...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
dalnwaqg0.jpg

UPDATE
... the two airlines report a $10.5B (that's "B" as in "BILLION" ... spelled "B-I-L-L-I-O-N" :eek:) loss for the 1st quarter, in part due to soaring fuel costs. If this continues, the American airline industry is in even deeper trouble than we thought -- and that's pretty deep:

DAL/NWA report a combined $10.5B loss

Whatever happened to all that oil we were gonna get for "goin' to war" .... ????