• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines Merger

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
2732.jpg

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^^Thanks that was what I would have guessed, wasn't sure. A4s who do/did you fly for? (747)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If/when you go onboard with the airlines, you will learn that rumors and speculation and turnin', churnin' and burnin' are an airline way of life.

Just talked w/ information central ... to those "in the know" ... and there is NO "merger" imminent w/ NWA and DAL. They -- both airlines -- are BOTH talking to separate and disparate players -- not just to each other ... DAL's talkin' to EVERYONE and ANYONE who might be a partner.

If anything happens ... it will be nearly a year off.

Obla-de-obla-da-la-la-la-la-la-la life goes on .... :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not me ... I opted for the whole enchilada.

Furloughs, bankruptcies, merger, liquidation, divorce, and flying the past 14 years in the left seat of the Whale ...

I like lots of everything.
:)

Me too…. the whole enchilada.

Furloughs: 1 (turned out to be permanent for me)
Bankruptcies: 3 Chapter 11's; 1 Chapter 7.
Mergers: 2
Liquidations: 1.5
Divorce: 1, temporary (we tried, but couldn't make the divorce work so we gave up and got back together)
Pilot Strike: 1 (the longest in history)
No Whales or wide-bodies, but 25 years in left seat of Boeings and Airbus's, after starting as a B-727 FE.
Management positions: 2 low level ones (briefly with 2 different 121 carriers)
Pilot Contract Negotiated: 1 (No flying for over a year while negotiating)
Lawsuits: A few (won some, lost some; hated them all)

I liked lots of everything too – although it's been a great ride. Would do "most" of it again. (But A-4's got paid more :( )

STLEngineer

pilot
The real question on everyone's minds is; "What is going to happen to my sky miles?" :)

You sky miles are fine.

NWA and Delta already had a mile sharing agreement of sorts. You could earn Delta miles on NWA flights. In fact, that's where I earned most of my Delta SkyMiles.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Me too…. the whole enchilada.

..... Pilot Strike: 1 (the longest in history)....
RIGHT!! I forget about the strike (mine). I must be in denial. Weejuns & blisters. Bad times .... don't want to do one of those again.

And then, of course, the strange emergency grounding; the imposed aircarrier shutdown nationwide -- thanks to some ragheads and 9/11.

THAT's gotta be a first in the history of U.S. airlines ....

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
If/when you go onboard with the airlines, you will learn that rumors and speculation and turnin', churnin' and burnin' are an airline way of life.

Just talked w/ information central ... to those "in the know" ... and there is NO "merger" imminent w/ NWA and DAL. They -- both airlines -- are BOTH talking to separate and disparate players -- not just to each other ... DAL's talkin' to EVERYONE and ANYONE who might be a partner.

If anything happens ... it will be nearly a year off.

Obla-de-obla-da-la-la-la-la-la-la life goes on .... :)

We'll see. I have confidence in my source so until next week passes without any news, I think its happening.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mergers – many are discussed, envisioned, proposed, but very few are ever consummated, despite the shrill newsworthy hype.

I remember 3 decades ago that all were saying airlines would merge into a final "big three." Aaaaa, still waiting.
(I have been a victim of 2, but a rumored victim of perhaps 30+ mergers that never came to pass.)

I can't count the number of times someone had absolute inside information that a merger was imminent. In fact, I am personally aware of some confidential merger initiatives that were rebuffed, and never even hinted at in the press.

Airline mergers do happen, and some certainly will. But they are like glaciers; lot's of noise and splashing, but grindingly slow movement.

Many are entertained; few are chosen; most are painful.