• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

North Korea Just Attacked South Korean Island w/ Arty. 4 DEAD. "Vipers" Scrambled

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I am not enthused about this. Wonder what that official reaction will be?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Nah, the U.N. will just write North Korea and Kim Jong Il a strongly worded letter.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Gotta buddy in the US Army who did a tour over there. He always jokes that the US Army is in Korea to prevent an invasion, and it's not for stopping an invasion FROM that north but stopping an invasion going north.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I am not enthused about this. Wonder what that official reaction will be?

Precedent of sorts. Cetainly "we" will not do less than we did when the same band of thugs hijacked a US Naval ship on the high seas (USS Pueblo), nor their attack and destruction of an un armed EC-121M far off the coast of North Korea in international waters and the list goes on.

Reaction? Indignation and bluster.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Precedent of sorts. Cetainly "we" will not do less than we did when the same band of thugs hijacked a US Naval ship on the high seas (USS Pueblo), nor their attack and destruction of an un armed EC-121M far off the coast of North Korea in international waters and the list goes on.

Reaction? Indignation and bluster.

Hopefully if we had a repeat of the Pueblo hijack today our response would be swift and much stronger. (but you never know)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Yeah - look what we did to the people who attacked our embassies!!

Point taken....... Given enough notice, maybe we'd have'em cornered on the boat long enough for our guys to bust their ass if the opportunity arose. At least we know we have the skills to do it now ....

Yankee Uniform Tango
VBS did a "hilarious" documentary on North Korea a few years ago. What a fucking shithole...there's just no way NK has any sort of legitimate capability of sustaining a real deal war. I honestly feel bad for the common citizen of that country though.

Here's a clip showing the VBS crew visiting the USS Pueblo and the ridiculous propaganda they have to sit through:

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/vice-guide-to-north-korea-4-of-14

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Lisa Ling did an episode on Natl Geo channel a while back available to stream on Netflix. Pretty good work, and she is easy on the eyes as well (I think there was a Weezer song written about her :) )