• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nork Border Shenanigans

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The greatest geo-political miscalculation since...

- Pearl Harbor?
- Hitler's two front war?
- Napoleon's march on Russia?
- OEF?
- OIF?

So many choices. :)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Meh, at least in that jail they’ll find him a wife… looks like he’ll be coming out ahead compared to returning to Texas… He obviously wanted to go. Let them keep him.

I'm honestly concerned we'll trade away someone more important to get this POS back. I want the US to try and repatriate everyone unjustifiably detained, but the price we pay can be awfully steep, and when the guy basically volunteered himself for Nork prison... not sure how hard we should really try on this one.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sooooo do you think his command has to wait the 31 days of being UA before stopping his pay orrrrrr
It’s been 10 years or so since my last deserter case, but I thought you could short-circuit that as long as you could prove intent to desert. The 30 days IIRC is just prima facie evidence of intent not to return.

taxi1

pilot
not sure how hard we should really try on this one

stopcomeback-willywonka.gif

number9

Contributor
I'm honestly concerned we'll trade away someone more important to get this POS back. I want the US to try and repatriate everyone unjustifiably detained, but the price we pay can be awfully steep, and when the guy basically volunteered himself for Nork prison... not sure how hard we should really try on this one.
Serious question: do we have any important NK people they'd want back?