• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk area STA-21 Selectees

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I haven't seen the complete list, because I was home asleep when the results came out. They woke me up to tell me. The rumor was nuke advancement was going to be through the roof however.

When I made 1st 80 of 81 advanced. Glad I wasn't that ONE guy, sucked to be him I guess.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I was sure I was goingto be that one person. Being an ELT I NEVER deal with that mechanic stuff. For all you BOOSTERS, first round is on me now!!

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Only 41.10% made it. Now I am really suprised I made it. I guess picking C when in doubt really works.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
AWS1 Total: 130 Advanced: 8 for a total of 6.2%

Yeah, I didn't have much of a shot. Our helicopter aircrew forced rate conversion closed us up. I know of one guy that made rank....
It's wide open through E-5 though! I could have used that extra college money for sure!

Congrats Lucky3, you are lucky to have a more open rate (I DIDN'T CHOOSE AW, I WAS AN AE AIRCREW!!!) Curse you, forced rate conversion!!

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Physical/Placement Information

Physical Info was received on: 18 Oct 2007

Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 23 Oct 2007

Medical Comments:

Your HIV date is: 17 Oct 2007

Physical sent to BUMED: 19 Oct 2007

Degree Plan: Valid

Degree Plan Comments: MUST GRAD BY 2/13/2011

School Acceptance: Yes

Page 13: Received

Orders Requested: Data not available

Finally everything done!!! The whole grad by 2/13/11 was verified fixed this morning. Has anyones noticed that people on this forum seem to be getting their stuff for STA done faster. I have two friends at my prior duty station who still don't have acceptance letter or physicals. Makes me realize how motivated people on this site actually are. I guess you kinda have to be to find this forum in the first place.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
This seems to be the De facto thread for FY08 selectees.

Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 29 Oct 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 7 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 23 Feb 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 6 Nov 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 29 Oct 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments: MUST GRAD BY 6/31/2009
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

From Ed:
Taken care of, we will place an orders request in the early part of
December.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I MADE FIRST CLASS TODAY!!! More money for college... What I meant to say I now get the oppurtunity for more responsibility and leadership roles!! Anyone else advance today?

Congrats! I made it last cylce, it is really nice to not have to take advancement exams anymore! :D

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
So, someone younger could take longer to complete?

Correct. You have up to 36 months, but due to my age I'm ending up with about 12 months. Luckily I am able to complete the degree within these parameters. As far as I can tell you can't do the program in under two semesters no matter how much transfer credit the school gives you. Because you still have to complete two courses in Naval Science which seem to always be offered during separate terms. Baring getting one of those waived you are going to be in for two.

Of course all this goes against what many others have voiced previously which is to maximize your time at school. Which I would be interested in if I was younger and single. For me I can't wait to start getting that O-1E pay because as soon as I execute my orders and head to NSI I'm losing all my nuke/sub/cola and I've gotten used to a pretty fat pay check. I just want to do well in school and graduate asap. But that's me, to each his own.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I know that the word is that orders requests are going out this week for those of us that have met all conditions but I was wondering anyone has seen their STA-21 status page reflect that a request has been sent yet?