• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk area STA-21 Selectees

haubby

None
Contributor
I figure lots of us selectees either lurk this site or post regularly and I've been PM'd a couple of times about getting a group of us together so we can get to know each other a little bit before heading out to NSI and our respective schools. If you live in the local area and are interested in having a celebratory drink on Saturday the 13th, PM me or post right here and lets get something going.

Also itd be pretty cool to get a PT group going for those that could use help in that department.

B.P. Seymour

FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Nfo Selectee

Cograts, dude. I got selected for NFO, but I'm currently on an IA in Afghanistan. Wish I could have a drink to celebrate with you all. Let me know if you have any knowledge on getting IA orders cancelled and re-cut for NSI.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Cograts, dude. I got selected for NFO, but I'm currently on an IA in Afghanistan. Wish I could have a drink to celebrate with you all. Let me know if you have any knowledge on getting IA orders cancelled and re-cut for NSI.

Were you on the IA when you applied? I was under the impression you weren't supposed to accept any orders while you have an application in. You should definitely figure that all out quick.

B.P. Seymour

FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
No, I accepted these orders last spring. I have been told that it won't be difficult to get them cancelled. I just want to know who to contact.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I was about to volunteer for a IA...

I remember reading a instruction that you can't select orders until after the board results have been released if you put in a package. I think it is in the STA-21 instruction (I'm not in a position to check at the moment).

So are you almost done with the IA?

B.P. Seymour

FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I just started in August, and am scheduled here until next August. That will definitely have to change though.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Pilot selectee checking in!

I figure lots of us selectees either lurk this site or post regularly and I've been PM'd a couple of times about getting a group of us together so we can get to know each other a little bit before heading out to NSI and our respective schools. If you live in the local area and are interested in having a celebratory drink on Saturday the 13th, PM me or post right here and lets get something going.

Also itd be pretty cool to get a PT group going for those that could use help in that department.

While I can't drink on Saturday night because I have duty Sunday, I'm definitely up for a G2G for either lunch or dinner that day! Let me know what you have in mind!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
While I can't drink on Saturday night because I have duty Sunday, I'm definitely up for a G2G for either lunch or dinner that day! Let me know what you have in mind!

This is the time to start burning up some leave... It is few and far between once you are knee deep in this program.

OneBadSSS

This is the time to start burning up some leave... It is few and far between once you are knee deep in this program.

Wish I could considering I have 46.5 on the books! Problem is I'm in the middle of the workup cycle and outside of holiday standdown taking leave isn't an option for me! My only other chance is to take some in between NSI and college I guess? I'm really not worried about it because I've spent the last five years on a Destroyer with CoC's that are 100% mission-oriented and 0% crew morale oriented, so personnel were only ever allowed to take leave during standdown periods or in emergency situations...not that I'm complaining

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I will be in Virginia Beach this weekend for a a huge convention. If you all plan on something on that side of the water, particularly VA Beach. I am in. Also, prior to the Navy I as a personal trainer/fitness manager. I have been in a few magazines. Now, although I am not quite to that level now, I still could be of some assistance if anyone needs a little extra motivation on the penninsula.

OneBadSSS

I will be in Virginia Beach this weekend for a a huge convention. If you all plan on something on that side of the water, particularly VA Beach. I am in. Also, prior to the Navy I as a personal trainer/fitness manager. I have been in a few magazines. Now, although I am not quite to that level now, I still could be of some assistance if anyone needs a little extra motivation on the penninsula.

How about Hooters on General Booth? And I'm always willing to listen to anyone with a good strategy for lowering BF%! I've already started a training regimen that includes 45-60 minutes of cardio PT (treadmill/elliptical) six times a week and cutback significantly on my food intake...

OneBadSSS

I second Hooters on General Booth. Say afternoon around 2pm?

Sounds good to me! Question is, how will we know who's who in the zoo? Do you want to meet up in the parking lot and all head in together or what?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I can be there how close is this to the strip, I am spending the weekend at the Wyndham right on the beach. If you said walking distance that would be awesome.

OneBadSSS

I can be there how close is this to the strip, I am spending the weekend at the Wyndham right on the beach. If you said walking distance that would be awesome.

Actually it's about 7 miles down the road from your hotel, but I'd be more than happy to pick you up on my way out there out in front of the Wyndham and drive you there (and back obviously). Let me know if that's cool with you...