• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No need for a parachute

MasterBates

Having actually been out with Pastrana's crew (pre Navy when he was an insane Moto/Supercross wunderkid before the FMX and NitroCircus stuff) when they were up practicing for the Southwick National, I've seen his insanity up close and personal.

The kid's fucking nuts.

But that sonofabitch can RIDE

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
So the guy with the chute literally saved his life. The guy must be comfortable with the idea of dying while doing something completely worthless. What I think is even more remarkable is that the wind didn't strip his trunks off.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Having actually been out with Pastrana's crew (pre Navy when he was an insane Moto/Supercross wunderkid before the FMX and NitroCircus stuff) when they were up practicing for the Southwick National, I've seen his insanity up close and personal.

The kid's fucking nuts.

But that sonofabitch can RIDE
second that and.

Yeah, a few years ago racing on the national circuit, we stopped by his house to ride with him and jimmy d'champ. His house is basically the fantasy factory + some out side toys. When my friend knocked himself out on the big outside foam pit trying to do a triple back flip on a bmx bike, then had to get air lifted. Pastrana’s only comment was did you get it on film; that and asking if he was getting punked again when a cop that showed up was harassing him about owning his house and some “crimescene” from the accident. Surprisingly, most everything he does has thought and preparation, but a majority of it is only calculating the chance of actually doing it right and that of death.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
So the guy with the chute literally saved his life. The guy must be comfortable with the idea of dying while doing something completely worthless. What I think is even more remarkable is that the wind didn't strip his trunks off.

I've actually had my shorts come off during a skydive and have a DVD to prove it (not that anyone would ever want to prove something like that anyway). Paid $100 for a coached freefly jump (for you skydivers). While I was sitting in the airplane the drawstring broke. The second we were out of the door it was nothing but "Assholes and elbows".

Was actually quite scary because I couldn't get in the proper position to deploy. Nothing like continuously mooning the entirety of Daytona Beach from FL 130 to 5000 AGL.

Before I was even on the ground my instructor was in the bar showing it on the bigscreen.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I've actually had my shorts come off during a skydive and have a DVD to prove it (not that anyone would ever want to prove something like that anyway). Paid $100 for a coached freefly jump (for you skydivers). While I was sitting in the airplane the drawstring broke. The second we were out of the door it was nothing but "Assholes and elbows".

Was actually quite scary because I couldn't get in the proper position to deploy. Nothing like continuously mooning the entirety of Daytona Beach from FL 130 to 5000 AGL.

Before I was even on the ground my instructor was in the bar showing it on the bigscreen.

I imagine it would be kinda hard to think "PLF" when there's the possibility of road rash in certain places..

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I imagine it would be kinda hard to think "PLF" when there's the possibility of road rash in certain places..

Well, what was left of my shorts got caught on my legstraps (physically impossible for anything to come off your legs the way the straps work). Once my chute deployed I pulled what was left up.... :D