• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No More Piddle Packs?!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Relief tubes. I have never used one... contemplated it once.. but decided to hold it until we landed.

Try holding it for 10.4, I couldn't. The guy next to me did though, without intentionally dehydrating. More power to him. :eek:

MasterBates

-60B's I think is what they decided on. Not sure how it ever worked out, though I have to say it was brilliant.

Not sure if they were going for "Thinnest NATOPS" or "Relief Tube" with HSL, but they got neither :D

(yes, I know some other 60s have tubes. The B model does not)

MasterBates

Can you be well hydrated and go 8 hours without peeing? If guys can do that, I'm impressed, but I can't.

I just did yesterday. Called digging a hole in North Mexico. Was pounding water, but never had to go. If you sweat it out, your body gets rid of the water that way :eek:

I can't say I never went 8+ without peeing in the helo, but I did go a solid 7-7.5 numerous times if it was hot. Drink a ton, just sweated it all out.

phrogpilot73

I can't say I never went 8+ without peeing in the helo, but I did go a solid 7-7.5 numerous times if it was hot. Drink a ton, just sweated it all out.
Sounds like a daylight mission in Iraq to me... My crew and I drank 2 1/2 cases of water between us (case = 8x1.5 Liter bottles) and didn't pee once in a 6.8-ish mission.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best reason to stay hydrated: kidney stones SUCK. And the process to get med up after them sucks even more. And I believe is only available after you're winged.

tlord82

pilot
I always hate when I realize that I have to piss after I have my gear on. No matter what I do (short of stripping my gear off) I just can't get myself "comfortable" afterwards. So I end up doing the funky chicken while walking out to the jet trying to adjust myself.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Not the R...

What selection would that be? Helos?

The Romeo is clocking in at a stupid 1098 pages. The Sierra is a more "reasonable" 798. I won't even venture a guess at how large the R's WSM must be.

Though much like we said in college, I suppose it is only a lot of readiing if you do it all.

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
As a side note: never keep a piss bag in your flight gear for more than 6 months and then attempt to use it... "so there I was" over Ramadi, endless right hand turns, when nature calls... unzip, unfold, have at it, mission accomplished....

Except now said piss bag is pissing all over ME. I had to do some quick thinking by stripping down my smart pack and using a page protector to wrap the bag...

Note to self: never hold up leaking piss bag to examine if it's "that bad" because the lower air vents on the Harrier will propel the leaking contents back onto one's own person... I was stuck in some circular-Middle-Eastern-piss-fetish film of my own device...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, I've passed the age of 6, understand the "girls squat to pee thing," and have actually seen a couple vaginas in my day. My point was that I could easily forgo the convenience of a piddle pack. The couple times I used one, I could have waited.

Sorry, I have had incidents during urinalysis where guys truly didn't understand the reasoning behind the bigger cup and didn't get the whole squat thing. Then again, these were the same guys I had to explain to them how a tampon functioned as well. :p

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Sorry, I have had incidents during urinalysis where guys truly didn't understand the reasoning behind the bigger cup and didn't get the whole squat thing. Then again, these were the same guys I had to explain to them how a tampon functioned as well. :p

You are a little too open about your body. Do you show the guys as well? Shheeeshhh. :D