• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No More Piddle Packs?!

Bolter

pilot
I was just reading one of those useless little facts in the September issue of Playboy that was talking about military crashes due to pilots using piddle packs. It stated that "until recently," piddle packs were used by pilots to relieve themselves in the aircraft. My squadron is still stocking them, and they still scare the piss out of me every time I use them (no pun intended). Using a piddle pack in combat spread is almost as uncomfortable as flying in IFR parade in the goo in my opinion. Now I am sure that the P-3 and C-130 guys and gals are going to make fun of us for having to piss in a bag, but does anyone know what else is being used out there? Is the air force using something now that turns their piss into useable jet fuel? The only thing that I have found is the stadium pal, but of course we have to pay for this on our own... <http://www.stadiumpal.com> I am sure that for us Marines, we will see any new urination technology 10 years after the air force starts using it (hopefully not hand-me-downs), but it is worth researching! Happy flying...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
there was an article about a new pack a while back. i think it was the AF fighter weenies complaining about dribbling pee all over themselves, so they invented a pack that you put on before you go flying and it turns your urine into some kind of pee jello.

gaetabob

pilot
I am sure that for us Marines, we will see any new urination technology 10 years after the air force starts using it (hopefully not hand-me-downs), but it is worth researching! Happy flying...

the Marines shouldn't be getting hand-me-downs from the air force...it's gotta be handed down to the Navy first, and after we get get tired of it, then it's handed down to the Marines :icon_tong

B

Blutonski816

there was an article about a new pack a while back. i think it was the AF fighter weenies complaining about dribbling pee all over themselves, so they invented a pack that you put on before you go flying and it turns your urine into some kind of pee jello.

sounds vaguely similar to the rigs that astronauts use....

oh, how space technology changes our lives for the better...:)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who the f*ck... still in the RAG but seems like one of the stupidest things I've ever heard..

Anyone out there actually done that?

Female pilots and NFOs.

Bolter

pilot
hmmm, dehydrate before a flight... sounds like a class A mishap just waiting to occur. as for the piddle packs that turn the piss into gel, I've used them. the design is the same as the sponge, but it is nicer. I've used them on plenty of long car rides (shh, don't tell the taxpayers) and it's just as hard as using the older models. maybe I'll just do what that crazy female astronaut did and wear a diaper from now on.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Using a piddle pack in combat spread is almost as uncomfortable as flying in IFR parade in the goo in my opinion.

That's because you're an RP and likely suck at both (sim smilies). It gets easier... and typically, you're not trying to hold a tactical formation while trying to take a whiz - you wait till an appropriate time.

phrogpilot73

That's because you're an RP and likely suck at both (sim smilies). It gets easier... and typically, you're not trying to hold a tactical formation while trying to take a whiz - you wait till an appropriate time.
I've got a question for you, oh great god of suck-and-blow section leaderness... ;)

Just curious what your tactical spread is. Ours is 10 degrees forward and aft of abeam at 6 rotors (I think, don't remember the rotor separation piece), so based on that - it doesn't seem like it'd be all that hard to pee, what with auto pilot and whatnot.

Bolter

pilot

As of this past Monday, I have officially been knighted as a 7509. But yes, I still do suck at flying spread (which is .8-1.0 nm abeam, 1000 ft stepped up, Phrog), but whatever, as long as I can see my lead I feel comfortable :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Female pilots and NFOs.
I had a female 3P that used to not drink or pee during our 8-12 hour P-3 missions. She started the not drinking thing hours before the flight. So the very first thing I'd do during preflight was hand her a water bottle and say "drink". Another one right before takeoff and a few more during the flight. After 6 or 7 times, she finally started drinking water like a normal person on her own without the big bad LCDR ordering her too (with the threat I'd have her grounded).