• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more GWOT. Ha.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
we supplied him with the materials he needed to make chemicals weapons
Care to cite a source for that assertion?

Cold War be damned. Which begs the question--how is this relevant?
Yeah, the Cold War, no big deal. Jesus Christ, how old are you? At any rate, it became relevant when you posted the aforementioned pic.

You ask the rhetorical question of what we have to gain from negotiating with Assad when he, as you claim, is sending Jihadists to Iraq.
I never said that - you're clearly confused.

Ms. Pelosi is free to make fact finding trips all she likes. She obviously didn't go there representing the administration or making promises that only the President can deliver. There's no law saying she can't go to Syria (or visit any head of state).
I never said she violated the law in going, just that it was a bad idea. If the talking heads in the media are any indication, her trip was generally viewed as a huge blunder by both parties - nice work, Ms Speaker. :rolleyes:

Brett

kimphil

I never said she violated the law in going, just that it was a bad idea. If the talking heads in the media are any indication, her trip was generally viewed as a huge blunder by both parties - nice work, Ms Speaker. :rolleyes:

Brett

Maybe the talking heads on FOX think it was a bad idea, but the talking heads of the WP, LAT and the NYT would disagree. It's just a matter of perspective.

kimphil

Yeah, the Cold War, no big deal. Jesus Christ, how old are you? At any rate, it became relevant when you posted the aforementioned pic.
Brett

I need you to focus--we're talking about Nancy Pelosi and her visit to Syria, not Saddam Hussein or the Cold War. And let's agree not to use the Lord's name in vain.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What am I confused about?

<---- Not Devil_dog

I'm also not a Christian, so keep your charges of blasphemy to yourself, as I am immune. :D If you're interested in preaching and other sanctimonious behavior, there's a street corner in Pensacola with your name written all over it.

Brett

kimphil

<---- Not Devil_dog

I'm also not a Christian, so keep your charges of blasphemy to yourself, as I am immune. :D If you're interested in preaching and other sanctimonious behavior, there's a street corner in Pensacola with your name written all over it.

Brett

Ya got me! So many threads I can't tell you apart! And if you're not a Christian, why do you use the Lord's name in vain? Why? I never understood why my Jewish friends would yell "JC!" when they got mad. As far as using the Lord's name in vain, that has nothing to with do with preaching or being sanctimonious--that's just being polite. It's like chewing with your mouth open or picking you're nose in public--it's just bad manners. It's amazing that someone as sophisticated as you doesn't understand that.

Look, I'd love to keep this up, but I've got to return to the war. Why don't we pick this back up when you make it to the fleet.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Look, I'd love to keep this up, but I've got to return to the war. Why don't we pick this back up when you make it to the fleet.

Because being in the fleet has anything to do with ones knowledge of international politics.... sir

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because being in the fleet has anything to do with ones knowledge of international politics.... sir

I think our friend here is confused about a lot more than politics and how this whole Internets thing works. Babbling incoherence is no way to go through life.

So, anyhow, for the sake of getting back to the issue at hand, let's assume that Pelosi was just "doing what the voters intended for her to do." What did her trip actually accomplish for those who think American involvement in the war should end ASAP? In my view, the only way the congress could actually stop the war is by voting to de-fund it. They know that they don't have even close to the number of votes required for that drastic action at this point, so they're reduced to half-assed measures like Pelosi's trip that make it look as though they're "trying" to do something. Democrats seem satisfied with good intentions and appearances instead of results. Discuss.

Brett

Lawman

None
Nothing in the Constitution about that. A strict constructionist would know that.

Theres a lot of elements of our currant government that were never mentioned in the constitution. Go find me something that ratifys the existance of the FBI in the constitution some time, you wont. Just as there is nothing in our constitution stating that the legislature is given the charge of defining foriegn policy. It was decided by precident that the executive should dictate relations and policys in regards to foriegn governments during the Revolutionary War due to the problem of inconsistancy in dealing with individual states (not just England but with the Indian Nations as well). Think about it, when another country wants to hammer out trade agreements with the US they dont call the house of representatives just like we wouldnt call the house of Lords. Senators seem to forget they are representative of the States people and there for are a voice of the people to speak to the Executive on the policys of their constituants. What Pilosi is doing is nothing more then an act of Congressional assault on the strength and position of the executive. Her attempt to weaken the Executive branch and give the power to decide national policy to the Congress which flys in the face of over 200 years of precident.

As Brett states above all she accomplished is being able to have her supporters watch clip shows of her photo ops while listening to Tom Pettys "I wont Back Down" and letting it warm the cockles of their little hearts because she stuck it to "The Man." Forget the bipartisan unity both sides are preaching cause its gone. Thats what it accomplishes on a domestic level. Internationally it weakens the position of our President who is and will continue to be our primary medium of relations with foriegn governments. Think about it whens the last time anybody gave a damn about the Queen of England or the Emperor of Japan, we dont because we know the real power isnt held by them.

MasterBates

If you're interested in preaching and other sanctimonious behavior, there's a street corner in Pensacola with your name written all over it.

Brett

Ahh, the street preachers, I think we have them here in Corpus, but since I don't hablo, they may just be angry homeless people with turets..

MasterBates

Sir/Maam/Whoever you are:

Why don't you put some info in your profile so we have a better idea if we are dealing with one of the following:

a-A SNA/SNFO Wannabee
b-Seaman Timmy who is using the computer in the ship's library.
c-A bitter SWO DH that wishes they were a piliot.
d-Some Admiral who is about to smite us.
e-A random civillian who likes to come on here and fvck with us. Are you Cate's sister?
f- A transvestite hooker that has dirt on Brett
g- Something else.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir/Maam/Whoever you are:

Why don't you put some info in your profile so we have a better idea if we are dealing with one of the following:

a-A SNA/SNFO Wannabee
b-Seaman Timmy who is using the computer in the ship's library.
c-A bitter SWO DH that wishes they were a piliot.
d-Some Admiral who is about to smite us.
e-A random civillian who likes to come on here and fvck with us. Are you Cate's sister?
f- A transvestite hooker that has dirt on Brett
g- Something else.

Based on his previous posts, he appears to be a Marine, non-aviator type, but that's just a guess.

Brett

MasterBates

This is why profiles are nice.. I can see at a click that Brett was prior enlisted AO, And has been an ECMO for 7 years, and is a WTI..

So I can have a clue that Brett has been around the block once or twice, without having to research all his posts to know that he is a sarcastic, pompus, NFO that would have a god complex if he belived in god. :D

So, if you are going to call out people and tell them "we'll pick this up when you get to the fleet", make sure they have not been there. Multiple times.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I think he might have been directing the "get to the fleet" comment towards me. I make it a point to never speak on a topic that I do not have the expirence to speak about, but 6 fleet tours or none has no factor on this topic.