• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more GWOT. Ha.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett has been around the block once or twice. Brett was prior enlisted AO, And has been an ECMO for 7 years, and is a PTI, he is a sarcastic, pompus, NFO that would have a god complex if he belived in god. :D

I think I'll just paste that into my bio. Nice work. :D

Brett

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Senators seem to forget they are representative of the States people and there for are a voice of the people to speak to the Executive on the policys of their constituants. What Pilosi is doing is nothing more then an act of Congressional assault on the strength and position of the executive.
One tee-niney little nitpick there: The legislature and the representatives/senators therein aren't elected to act as the voice of the people speaking to the executive. They're elected to act as the voice of the people dictating the law, because it was decided during the establishment of the government that the people, not the executive, should have the right to set the laws that govern them. The generally accepted high-school-civics-class shorthand is that the legislature writes the law, the executive enforces the law, and the judiciary interprets the law. Now, obviously foreign policy is somewhat distinct from - but still, to some extent, dependent on - federal law. But it's easy to slip and think that the executive sets the law at the behest of the people, which is absolutely and unequivocally not the case. And that can cause/will cause/has caused in the past tremendous problems in countries that misremember the principles of a representative government in times of trouble.

And let's agree not to use the Lord's name in vain.
Oh, sweet Christ on a Vespa.

Lawman

None
Cate my point is simply that Members of Congress have no buisness involving themselves in these wasteful PR ventures let alone doing it mearly to benefit your parties political mission to undermine and weaken the Executive because you see it as a means of control.

Senators have their time to influence policys regarding the activities of the Executive branch during confermation hearings. Thats the whole point of those hearings so that both parties can come to some kind of compromise on who would be best for the constituents they represent. Now some people would complain that "Oh well with a republican congress and president its impossible for the democrats to get anything" well thats just timing and arguably the will of the country so shut up and wait your god damn turn to apoint some judges or something.