• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more Dixie B!tches for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG7412

The best thing to do is ignore them. I don't care for what they say, but I know for what I stand for. I just don't have any respect for people like that. How do they think we got here today, by standing in the sidelines and do nothing for those who can not defend themselfes? Also, France should remember that not just once, but twice we had to liberate their butts.

patbrown08

All you have to do is keep your ears open. There are plenty of famous people who support the President. Many of whom are country music artists. There are also plenty of actors out there. They just don't get the same coverage from the mostly liberal press. Dennis Miller, Fred Thompson, etc. etc. Dateline did a segment about the stars making political statements just last week. They also quoted an AOL online poll that asked if actors/actresses viewpoints had any affect on regular peoples views. You will be pleases to know that out of the 5 or so million that responded, only 7% claimed to be swayed by what they heard from the hollywood activists.

Pat

mikedjp

For the record-- I don't give to much credit to the opinions of entertainers--just defending their right to say whatever they want. I am applying to OCS to defend our freedoms and rights. I never want to live in a place where the leaders can't be criticized, ie. Iraq, N. Korea, China, and a few more.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
They can criticize whoever they want...and yes, that is their right, but I just find it sad that so many people dont support our president and the military. Yes, war is awful, and should be avoided when possible, but Saddam has shown no remorse and is/has been killing the innocent(ie: killing children in the streets, etc) in his country for some time. I just wish people would see the war would (hopefully)be shorter with less lives lost if the countries would unite against that kind of tyranny and disrespect for innocent lives. But, again that is my opinion and I am as free to say it as the Dixie Chunks or anyone else.

Stephen

Hey Guys,
That's why we're in the military to support the right's of the american people. Me personally I support the President 100%. It was especially motivating when I got the chance to hear him speak when he came down here to Mayport. The Dixie Chicks have a right to voice thier opnion. They feel that the impending war is wrong and they are speaking up against it. I respect them because that's what we're fighting for. Now I don't think they should've said what they said about the President. Because I would not want his job, and he has to make the TOUGH DESCISIONS which he knows will cost people their lives. How can you be ashamed of a person with such responsiblity?(Beats me) I can't imagine the stress and pressure he must be under right now.

Now I hope and pray that we don't go to war, I don't want to go, But I Am Prepared to go. Also, I have a lot of friends over there and I really want to see them again, safe and sound. And if it does come to war I just hope everyone will support us in our efforts, to get rid of Sadamm, and bring our friends and family back home.

And just remeber when we joined the military we took and oath uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. And the day we forget that we might as well turn a blind eye to any injustice that takes place in the world, be it at home or abroad. And just as was stated earlier a lot of the iraqi people want to speak up against Saddam to, but can't.

I Just Say That we keeping PRAYING on the matter. AND ALL THINGS WORK FOR THE GOOD!

Stephen J. Hall

unfUSN

Originally posted by megan620
They can criticize whoever they want...and yes, that is their right, but I just find it sad that so many people dont support our president and the military. Yes, war is awful, and should be avoided when possible, but Saddam has shown no remorse and is/has been killing the innocent(ie: killing children in the streets, etc) in his country for some time. I just wish people would see the war would (hopefully)be shorter with less lives lost if the countries would unite against that kind of tyranny and disrespect for innocent lives. But, again that is my opinion and I am as free to say it as the Dixie Chunks or anyone else.

Intersting that most people think that we should go to war with Iraq because he kills innocent people. Tens-of-thousands of people have been slaughtered and executed in africa and malaysia for years now and we don't do anything about that.
boggled_125.gif
And if we are fighting for people who don't like their govt but are scared to fight or them selves, then a little island off the coast of Florida called Cuba comes to mind.

I think that if the UN passes a resolution and he does not comply then we are obligated as a world to do something about it. But why are American's always the ones fighting to save other people? Right now we have like 150,000 troops and 5 carrier groups in the gulf, Britan has like 10,000 and Australia has 1,000??
bigeyes_125.gif
That seens fair. And when we win, we will bid on contrats to re-build Iraq and loose to some French or Sweedish companies who will do it cheaper
banghead_125.gif

While I am ranting... why are going after Iraq for weapons they may-or-may-not have when N. Korea is throwing it in our face that they are developing NUCLEAR capability and daring thge world to stop them.

I better stop. I think this is a much as I can say w/o getting in trouble under article 88 of the UCMJ.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists
who chose reassurance over reality.
- Unknown

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Thank you for bringing that up, and I do agree with many things you say, especially the points about Cuba and North Korea. And I do realize Iraq is not the only threat and is not the only place with people being persecuted. I also agree it is frustrating how we always seem to be fighting the wars of others. I dont have answers for the questions you pose, and I dont think there really is anyone who does. I just think the UN should realize Saddam has been "jerking them around" for years and needs to finish a problem that should've been taken care of years ago. Again, it is our freedoms that allow all of us to say what we think. I just wish more people would listen to all sides of the story and be informed before they speak...but hey, no one has to listen to what I say unless they want to!

Whatever the outcomes, I appreciate and support all branches of our military in all of their endeavors. Thank you for risking your lives so that others can enjoy more freedoms.

kaiangel

It doesn't bother me that people believe in different things. So many people give thier opinions anyway, even though they often have no knowledge of foreign policy. What does bother me is when celebrities use thier fame to promote thier own ideas. What has Martin Sheen done to deserve to be listened to? If you are an actor or a singer, then maybe you should act and sing and shut up about things you most likely know nothing about.

davidsin

haha here's a funny article about the Dixies....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&ncid=514&e=14&u=/ap/natalie_maines

Stations Boycott Dixie Chicks Over Remark
Mon Mar 17, 5:26 AM ET Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By The Associated Press

DALLAS - Natalie Maines (news), lead singer of the Dixie Chicks (news - web sites), is finding out that sometimes saying you're sorry doesn't make much of a difference.

Radio stations nationwide are boycotting the Dixie Chicks, even though Maines publicly apologized for telling a London audience last Monday: "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

Maines is a Lubbock native.

In her apology Friday, Maines said: "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush (news - web sites) because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect."

The words didn't carry much weight with listeners in Maines' home state and elsewhere.

"We've had a huge listener reaction and movement against the statements," said Paul Williams (news) of KPLX-FM in Dallas-Fort Worth, the nation's fifth largest radio market.

In Kansas City, Mo., WDAF-AM set trash cans outside its offices for listeners to toss their Dixie Chicks CDs. Its Web site displayed more than 800 listener e-mails, most of them in support of the station's boycott.

After more than 250 listeners called Friday to complain about Maines' comments, WTDR-FM in Talladega, Ala., dropped the Dixie Chicks.

"The emotion of the callers telling us about their fathers and sons and brothers who are overseas now and who fought in previous wars was very specific," said Jim Jacobs, president of Jacobs Broadcast Group, which includes WTDR.

The Dixie Chicks are in Europe promoting their recent release "Home," which won a Grammy last month for Best Country Album. The group is scheduled to kick off the U.S. leg of its "Top of the World Tour" on May 1 in Greenville, S.C.

___

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

ghost_ttu

You missed one, US soldiers saved their french butt's in WWI, WWII, and Vietnam. And believe it or not if someone were to attack them today we would again save them, because that is the nation we are. US military and govt. provides a worldwide blanket of support and assistance, regardless of the torment it endures for the manner in which that security is provided.

Originally posted by AG7412
The best thing to do is ignore them. I don't care for what they say, but I know for what I stand for. I just don't have any respect for people like that. How do they think we got here today, by standing in the sidelines and do nothing for those who can not defend themselfes? Also, France should remember that not just once, but twice we had to liberate their butts.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

ghost_ttu

Haven't you ever heard of "Don't Mess with Texas"?

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

dhafeman

Why do people care so much about what celebrities say about politics? Whether I like a singer or not depends on the music they produce not their opinion on the president. I could care less to be honest with you. Frankly, I didn't like the Dixie Chicks before because they can't sing worth a damn. But if some group that I did like did what the Dixie Chicks did it wouldn't cause me to boycott them or anything. That's just lame. This is America. Everyone can and should have their opinion (and I guess this is mine) b/c usually there is some amount (no matter how small) of truth in them. So to make fun of them and call them Dixie "bitches" or whatever just because they don't agree with you, makes you look pretty childish. Similar comments could be made for the French issue. Who's right or wrong is not important when you are talking about people/countries who believe in democracy. Different opinions lead to different ideas which allows for progress. Just my thoughts anyway. This being said, I don't agree with what the Dixie Chicks said either

Status
Not open for further replies.