• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more Dixie B!tches for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

I'm sorry if you see me as being childish. You are right, you get the opportunity to express your opinion, as do they. However, I also am afforded that opinion, and if my opinion is weighed so heavily that I choose to call them bitches, or boycott their material, then that is a choice that I make, I don't press that choice on you, I just make it be known that is my opinion. Even more so that they push disgrace upon Texas, that is just not cool with me. I don't know where you live, but most people from Texas hold with them a pride of the State, and we don't take kindly to those claiming shame to the state.

Someone can post this elsewhere if they please, but I thought this was really good, it's about 6 minutes, but it is a radio call with an Iraqui immigrant and a tree hugger, you can hear the sincerity in his voice and it really should rattle one's cage and let them understand the reason the US should be so proud to pursue such cause. I also listened to Glenn Beck on KLIF in Dallas this morning and he makes a great point when he discusses the fact that in 1991 US freed a complete nation, and then we left, we gave them freedom. You can choose to spin that however you want (it was because of oil, why haven't we done so for Cuba, S. Africa, etc.) doesn't matter, we DID free Kuwait. How many countries can say they have done this? Gone in, freed a country and then left them to govern their nation. And now we will do this once again for the people of Iraq.

http://komo1000news.com/audio/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3

there is the link, I apologize for ranting.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

dhafeman

"it wouldn't cause me to boycott them or anything. That's just lame."

You're right. That was my opinion completely. Boycotting is a perfectly acceptable action to take even though I don't think I would ever do that. My main point was with the negativity and the namecalling.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
You know its reasons like this that I only watch the first 15 minutes of the news anymore. We are at the stage now where there is no point to even get upset about people anti-war preaching, or even doing the preaching in general. We ARE going to Irag, and we ARE sending troops in. There is nothing we can do about it. Its up to us now to support our friends and family over there and hope that they make it home ok. When our troops came home from Vietnam, they came home to a country full of people that didnt support them and didnt love them, and I think it really messed up some of our veterans. Its up too us too make sure that doesnt happen again. There is no point in trying to protest something that you obviously have no control over. I learned about the Dixie Chicks public protest from this site...well after it happened...so that shows just how much their little public deep thought ceremony really effected me.
baseball_125.gif

So now as I sit here munching on my freedom fries while I read this thread, i would like to voice my opinion also.

Intersting that most people think that we should go to war with Iraq because he kills innocent people. Tens-of-thousands of people have been slaughtered and executed in africa and malaysia for years now and we don't do anything about that. And if we are fighting for people who don't like their govt but are scared to fight or them selves, then a little island off the coast of Florida called Cuba comes to mind

Personally, I think that action is necessary because I see Saddam as a potential global threat. I could be alone when I think this, or totally wrong for that matter, but when I look at a lot of Saddam's actions over the past 20 years it seems too me like it parrallels that of Hitler before WWII. Think about it...

-builds up military power to be VERY strong..(weapons of mass destruction)

-starts off small by attacking countrys or soverigns that he believes should be rightfully his (Kuwait)

-after this you move on too envading neighboring enemy countrys...(possibly Iran and Israel)

-then its time to move on to envading other countrys with the intent of ruling the world.

I dont know I could be talking out of my ass on this one.
blindfold_125.gif

You missed one, US soldiers saved their french butt's in WWI, WWII, and Vietnam. And believe it or not if someone were to attack them today we would again save them, because that is the nation we are. US military and govt. provides a worldwide blanket of support and assistance, regardless of the torment it endures for the manner in which that security is provided.

Its interesting that you mention this. I cant count how many times we as Americans have come to other countrys aide for whatever reason. Whether it be conflicts or disaster relief. I mean we came back and helped clean up fallout from our own bombs in Japan!!! but when WTC was attacked, I think the best we got from foreign countrys was a telephone call. I dont know, the UK may have sent a nice flower arrangement or something.

I kind of wonder if its expected of us now to go to other countrys aide when needed?

I dont know...im blabbing....yeah definately blabbing. hehe what can I say its finals week.

LadyJayUSN

Hey, ya know what, I got no qualms with them voicing their opinions. I like their music 'cause I can sing to it in the shower; and yeah, you're right, I'll probably buy thier next album and still go to their show the next time they're in town, ya wanna know why? 'Cause they're just entertainers and that's what I pay them the big bucks to do. (The only beef I got is that she probably voted for Bush, and if that's the case, she needs to shut her mouth, ya know?) The way I see it, Natalie Maines and all the other radical hippies runnin' around spittin' on our government, spray painting 'baby killer' on Air Force ROTC units (yeah, can you believe it?) aren't doing anything to save anyones lives exept to waste oxygen. That's why we (as in those of us serving for our Nation and our Government) are going over to Iraq to usurp a very nasty, nasty regime. (For those of you who've served in the gulf probably know what a bad, bad man Hussein really is). France and all these other two-bit hippies can just sit at home and watch on CNN as us heroes get the job done.

Now that's just my opinion.

To all those deployed, deployable, or deploying...good luck, God speed.

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hot off the press:

(4/3/03, 3 p.m. ET) -- Dixie Chick Natalie Maines told a New Zealand TV reporter last week that her now-infamous slam at President George W. Bush was a joke.

Maines admitted that she told a London concert audience that the group was ashamed that the President is from their home state of Texas, but added, "It was a joke and it wasn't planned. And it was really funny at the time. It got lots of cheers, and that's what it was meant for. You see the trouble that you can get into if you speak religion or politics. It gets people very upset."

Maines issued a written apology after making the remark at a March 10 concert, but stations continued to ban the Chicks' music on radio stations across the country.

In addition, the Dixie Chicks' Home album saw a more than 40 percent decline in sales after Maines's remark.

-- Nancy Brooks, Nashville

ghost_ttu

and then the other night on an interview she was mocking that in Lubbock, TX. they had a cd stomping and according to her only 6 people showed up. I don't know how many actually showed, but Lubbock is where Natalie is from. I think I heard one radio dj say it best when he said "Natalie, SHUT UP!!"

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

jaerose

Yes, that's the problem with a big mouth and a little brain. She's
got that disease...um...what's it called...oh yeah, DIARRHEA OF THE
MOUTH!! Anyways, it's not like I have a lot of respect for her.
It's a good thing she's got a good voice, otherwise she'd be starving
and homeless...or flippin' burgers. Not that there's anything wrong
with that.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.