• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No follow on orders=NAS CC?

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
A friend of mine who just reported to NAS Pensacola for API told me that all SNAs without follow on orders will be sent to NAS Corpus Christi for primary...can anyone give the yea or nay on this one?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not necissarily true. I will say that those SNA's WITH follow on orders to whiting will, barring unforeseen circumstances, go to NASW. That said, I know several unmarried NROTC-source dudes that ended up @ whiting, either by request or by tasking. Talk to the bald guy in flight management if you have a place you want to go. From what I saw when I was there, he generally tried to help folks out, within reason and his abilities. I requested corpus as soon as I checked in (had friends there) and it all worked out; granted that was likely to have happened anyway, he still helped me out. If you want to go to whiting (no idea why you would as a single dude), talk with them and they will probably work with you.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Talk to the bald guy in flight management if you have a place you want to go. From what I saw when I was there, he generally tried to help folks out, within reason and his abilities.

His name is George, and it can't hurt to ask. When my API class started, there were a couple of us who asked for Corpus and didn't have to draw pieces of paper out of the API LT's coffee cup to see who went to Vance.

That was a good feeling. Joke's on me though. I'm here anyways.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Yeah I left P-cola over a year ago. Shame if he left. Great guy to talk to on those long 3 hour days working flight mgt...:D

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I'm a single NROTC-type and I got NASWF by request. So...generally, yes, MOST single guys without follow-on will go to Corpus, but there are exceptions.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'll split the thread if necessary, but...

If you want to go to whiting (no idea why you would as a single dude), talk with them and they will probably work with you.

W/out this devolving into a CC vs. WF thread, what makes CC better than Pensacola for single dudes (honest question)? From talking w/ other single dudes who were stationed at CC, it seems each has their own level of suckdom.

d3west86

Generally speaking, umarried SNAs will go to Corpus for Primary, unless you decide you want to "fast-track" your training by saying the magical line: "I'll take Vance."

Married guys almost always get follow-on to Whiting.

You will make a selection on your dream sheet when you report-in. Just select your preference...and hope for the best. Nothing is really certain these days...

JonDW7

A friend of mine who just reported to NAS Pensacola for API told me that all SNAs without follow on orders will be sent to NAS Corpus Christi for primary...can anyone give the yea or nay on this one?

I can verify that this is in fact true, as of three weeks ago. There was an announcement made at muster about it. There are so many people with follow-on orders to Whiting that there are no slots left for the next three to four months. You may try a bottle of scotch and talking to one of the LTs if it is that important to you, but according to their announcement, everybody without follow-on orders will be sent to CC. You could always take a Vance slot though...

MasterBates

I'll split the thread if necessary, but...

W/out this devolving into a CC vs. WF thread, what makes CC better than Pensacola for single dudes (honest question)? From talking w/ other single dudes who were stationed at CC, it seems each has their own level of suckdom.

Since I have been stationed at NASWF, and NASCC Twice (plus NASK, 50 miles away), here is my take:

Corpus has less of the "Kids and Squids" effect when you go out. Not every other dude in the town is Military, and the odds off accidentally earning the "Battle E" is much lower in Corpus.

Pensacola on average has hotter chicks. Unless you like BMWs (Big Mexican Women) Pcola is better. If I were to rate the local taent, Corpus averages out to be a 4 or so, Pcola 5ish.. Not a HUGE difference.

NASCC is actually near stuff you want to do on the weekends. At Whiting, I lived on base, but had to drive an hour to go do much besides go to The 'Hace. It's FAR easier to get around in Corpus. I can be ANYWHERE in CC in 20 min or so from the main gate.

Both are havens of teen pregnancy. Meth was a bit more of a problem in Pcola.

Corpus has Austin, San Antonio, South Padre Island and Houston within 4 hours.

Whiting has New Orleans, Tallahassee, Panama City and maybe Auburn in the same radius (never went to ATL, 6ish IIRC)

For Primary, I'd go to Corpus given a choice. Although that worked out SO WELL for me (met the ex while in Primary)..

Barring her, I'd go to Corpus again if I got a 2nd "Do Over".

chelley

Both are havens of teen pregnancy.

At Halloween last year in Milton we actually had a trick-or-treater that showed up with her mom (note that the girl was of acceptable trick-or-treating age), her little sister, and her 3 month old baby... and we would have thought the baby was her sister too if she had not been bragging about the fact that the baby was her daughter and that her big fat momma was dressed like a baby. Congratulations, kid. You're a winner.

McBuff

Sees the light
It never hurts to ask, but I think you'll be here a lot longer. Considering normal A-pool wait times just went from 2 months to 5+ months, have fun with that. The ass to kiss is Dave in flight management's. Great guy and he'll probably work with you although it might help to have a legit reason.

Another reason to put Corpus on your dream sheet. Inside Dave's mind: "Who am I gonna send to Vance. Well this guy doesn't want to go to Corpus, and there are no open slots at Whiting..."

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I loved the crap out of Corpus in Advanced. Living on the Island was awesome.

I couldn't understand why all the single folk hated that place so much. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Esp over Milton, which really wasn't all that bad if you liked outdoorsy stuff.

McBuff

Sees the light
At Halloween last year in Milton we actually had a trick-or-treater that showed up with her mom (note that the girl was of acceptable trick-or-treating age), her little sister, and her 3 month old baby... and we would have thought the baby was her sister too if she had not been bragging about the fact that the baby was her daughter and that her big fat momma was dressed like a baby. Congratulations, kid. You're a winner.

I've had the pleasure of walking through a Walmart in Alabama. I recommend it to anyone who's had a shitty day.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd agree with MB's overview, at least from the Corpus perspective. I honestly couldn't wait to leave Corpus when I finished primary, but in hindsight, and especially now that I know more former whiting dudes, I am glad I went there. There is just a different mentality among the whiting folks I have met......and if I got into that, I think it would devolve into said CC vs whiting thread. There is just a big difference between the mentality of an entirely single squadron that spends every weekend together, and a squadron that is broken up by marriages and family committments. I have little to nothing in common with the married with kids crowd, and though I respect the extra effort it takes for them to excel in the program, they aren't the guys I choose to spend my days off with.