• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No follow on orders=NAS CC?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Have a reason and ask for what you want. If you don't ask they can't say yes. I am a firm believer in the fact that if you remain humble and don't assume anything to be your right or entitlement you will go far, and you will most likely be pleased with the way things such as orders and location requests seem to work out for you. I requested whiting while I was there and they said yes.

While up at whiting I had a friend in API with family commitments in the pcola area. API was telling him he had to go to corpus; however, when I explained his situation to whiting stucon they were able to work something out and make space. Your entire career will be "subject to change," but it never hurts to ask.

I didn't find the number of maried guys to be a problem because there were plenty of single wingmen to go out and enjoy the nightlife with.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
and you will most likely be pleased with the way things such as orders and location requests seem to work out for you

+1, I agree that things have so far worked out for the best, in spite of what I might have felt at the time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'd agree with MB's overview, at least from the Corpus perspective. I honestly couldn't wait to leave Corpus when I finished primary...

Which is kind of what I was getting at. I ask because if I were to try and do another VT job for my next tour, I would worry about getting burned out of either city, especially since I was VERY ready to leave Pensacola after 3 years there.

Why can't they just have Primary in East County San Diego? Things would be so much simplier then.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FWIW, the CC course rules are a lot simpler, Waldron is a lot closer than WF's OLFs, and there's less traffic. Otherwise, the diff between CC and WF is just a matter of personal preference.

If you hate P'cola, you'll hate Corpus. If you like (or at least, don't hate) P'cola, you'll probably feel the same way about Corpus. Wx is about the same, though CC's winters are warmer. People are about the same, just different funny accents, recreational drugs and regional cuisine.

gotta_fly

pilot
To the OP: The only way to get your answer for sure (or at least the Navy's version of for sure) is to call flight management and ask them about the current policies. I did that when I was waiting to come down and it provided me with some peace of mind. If I were you I wouldn't listen to the info from those who were there a year or more ago (myself included). I definitely wouldn't rely on those who are there (or on their way there) and heard from a friend of a friend, since none of them have gotten orders to primary yet anyway.

Circle K

pilot
Sounds to me like it is about that time of year (like every year) when the back up gets nice and long and follow on orders really don't matter at all. I had follow on orders to Whiting and was married, and ended up moving to CC for primary. Just go where they tell you and you'll be fine. After coming back and doing my stint at whiting I can say that both places have their pros and cons and in the end they should only be about 6 months long either way. Having been to both and getting ready to negotiate with the potential of going back I can tell you that the location has nothing to do with the relative position of WF or CC on my list this time around.

Random Task

pilot
What your friend told you is true to the extent that flight management said that unless you had follow on orders you were most likely not going to NASWF. This was said directly to a-pool about a month ago. That being said that could have changed...oh maybe 20 times since then.

To the OP: The only way to get your answer for sure (or at least the Navy's version of for sure) is to call flight management and ask them about the current policies.

Agree to the extent that you will find out not the Navy's version but the version of particular flight management ENS that you speak with

gotta_fly

pilot
Agree to the extent that you will find out not the Navy's version but the version of particular flight management ENS that you speak with

My orders had the name and number of the LT running flight management at the time with a note that said call if you have any questions, so I called and spoke directly with her. Maybe I jumped the chain of ensigns but I think I got better info that way and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My orders had the name and number of the LT running flight management at the time with a note that said call if you have any questions, so I called and spoke directly with her. Maybe I jumped the chain of ensigns but I think I got better info that way and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

'The chain of Ensigns', there are some things I just don't miss about NASC.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Maybe I jumped the chain of ensigns.

Thats funny. Its even better when said chain of Ensigns make your life suck and then they find themselves in your squadron needing your gouge. Funny how things work out.