• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No F'ing way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
BlondeScholar said:
GO KYCNTRYBOY!! whoo who. haha. you're gonna take me out to eat right, since i'm going in under you?? :D

If gas isn't too high to get there. :eek: (No real thought with this face, I just thought it is quite humorous)

Kycntryboy

pilot
I just got done resigning an updated ESPQ, my OSO told me that the board has approved me for final select (past pro-rec) and they are waiting on the new ESPQ for explainations on them. He said that I should swear in within the next week, and if I get my paperwork processesed so I can start getting paid by the end of this month. But I'll believe it when I see it is my attitude, plus I have just about had it with these "Navy weeks" they are about a month civilian time.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
...plus I have just about had it with these "Navy weeks" they are about a month civilian time.

HAHA that is so true when it comes to applying!

Sabre170

None
Congrats Kycntryboy,

After you get final select, does everyone swear in and start getting paid, or only y'all who are in school? I already have my degree and am waiting for final select. How much and what is the pay for and what do you have to do continue getting it?

Thanks

Kycntryboy

pilot
Well I think we are talking about two different things, the first thing is I would adventure to say that you are applying for OCS, because you already have your degree, I applied for BDCP, (Baccalorette (sp) Degree Completion Program, which is a program for people who are two-three years away from going to OCS. I get paid to graduate, then I go to OCS. I'll get paid as an E-3, (E-4 if my sister gets in), with all the other allowances, its a really sweet deal, but I would take just an OCS spot, if it came down to that.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Well, at least you have heard back... Its been 5 weeks now... and still nothing... this is very disheartening...

nmund11

I was pro rec'd on feb 25 for 2006 SNA, and my finals docs were recieved on march 18. my recruiter has done a good job of following up for me, and apparently the guy who gives the final signature has been gone a lot, and everything was already back logged anyways, so it seems like it may take a little while. this waiting game is killing me though.. but hopefully in time...

Kycntryboy

pilot
VetteMuscle427 said:
Well, at least you have heard back... Its been 5 weeks now... and still nothing... this is very disheartening...

I just called to ask a random question, just to talk to my OSO, he wasn't the but his secretary was and she told me I needed to sign something else, I'm glad I called. It's always good to just shoot the bull with them, it will relax you alot.

Kycntryboy

pilot
nmund11 said:
I was pro rec'd on feb 25 for 2006 SNA, and my finals docs were recieved on march 18. my recruiter has done a good job of following up for me, and apparently the guy who gives the final signature has been gone a lot, and everything was already back logged anyways, so it seems like it may take a little while. this waiting game is killing me though.. but hopefully in time...

I sent my final papers in on the 15 of March, I haven't got signed off either but the board approved me.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sabre170 said:
Congrats Kycntryboy,

After you get final select, does everyone swear in and start getting paid, or only y'all who are in school? I already have my degree and am waiting for final select. How much and what is the pay for and what do you have to do continue getting it?

Thanks

As already posted, there are two different programs available. I can't find the sticky about BDCP so I'll fill you in here. BDCP is for students who are currently pursuing a degree. Selectees sign a conctract committing to enlisted service for 4 years active duty and 4 years reserve if they don't finish OCS. Those who do (surely the vast majority finish) will have a new service obligation that supercedes the BDCP contract. For me it will be the standard 8 years after wings - your committment depends on your designator. BDCP selectees get E-3 salary, including BAH and BAS. It is definitely a great deal if you don't mind the committment!

You can also apply for direct accession into OCS. This is what people who aleady have a degree do. You get an OCS date just like the BDCP people, but your pay doesn't start until you get to OCS. You will get E-5 as will the BDCP people when they get to OCS. You will not get BAH unless you are married, and I have heard that they take most of you BAS to pay for chow.

It may take a while for you to actually see the money. You'll get all you are entitled to but it can take a while. I swore in for BDCP in July of last year, and I believe I started getting paychecks in October. My situation is not typical, but it's not like you can swear in and start seeing money that week either. Like I said, I'm BDCP, but I would assume that OCS is the same way. Also, I believe that people who qualify to apply for BDCP can choose to turn it down and apply for a direct spot in OCS if they want. This way they avoid a committment. If OCS rocks their world and they decide not to become Naval Officers they can just go home. If they had gone BDCP and done that, it would be off to boot...

Those are the main differences between a direct accession into OCS and the BDCP program. If you've got more questions fire away.

Status
Not open for further replies.