• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nintendo Wii

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Are there many Wii games for little kids?
Yeah...
Cooking-Mama-wii-boxart.thumb.jpg

...but I think I'd have nightmares from this crap...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU

Absolutely. The Wii Sports game included with the system is very kid friendly and Nintendo in general has the reputation of having systems with the most "kiddie games" support. There are a handful that have mature themes, but the vast majority of games for the Wii are for all ages...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
It's sweet that you want to do something nice for your kid sister, but I don't feel bad about trying to make some money by selling something at a profit to someone who has to have now what they could wait for. I'm not taking away anyone's inhaler mid-asthma attack. It's a video game.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
It's sweet that you want to do something nice for your kid sister, but I don't feel bad about trying to make some money by selling something at a profit to someone who has to have now what they could wait for. I'm not taking away anyone's inhaler mid-asthma attack. It's a video game.

Agree to disagree then, because you'll never convince that eBay scalping is acceptable. I just hope that I'm able to find one for my sister before they all end up online for $600 a piece :icon_rage

phrogpilot73

My wife and I own Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Bigs, Pool Party, Game Party, Monster 4x4 World Circuit, and Madden '07 (which are all rated "E"). There's a bunch of Mario games to boot (Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Super Mario Party, etc..) plus a ton of other family games... It's great for the whole family!!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Besides, eBayers are acting in the same manner as wholesalers in that they acquire the product at a lesser cost, mark it up and sell it for a profit. Now there's a fourth and maybe fifth party involved instead of your normal three-party transaction.

I'm guessing you weren't a business major. ;)

FastMover

NFO
None
I may head out to Best Buy early tomorrow AM to (hopefully) pick up a Wii. If I do get my hands on one what are some good games to get? I was thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy and the Donkey Kong game.

I loved Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64 back in the day but I haven't seen one for the Wii in the stores or online. Is there a comparable game for the Wii?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I may head out to Best Buy early tomorrow AM to (hopefully) pick up a Wii. If I do get my hands on one what are some good games to get? I was thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy and the Donkey Kong game.

I loved Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64 back in the day but I haven't seen one for the Wii in the stores or online. Is there a comparable game for the Wii?

Mario Galaxy is a given, you may want to look into Metroid Prime 3 also. Mario Kart for the Wii comes out in 2008, but you can buy Mario Kart 64 through the Wii shop channel. I bought it and it is still great. That game never gets old.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Mario Galaxy is a given, you may want to look into Metroid Prime 3 also. Mario Kart for the Wii comes out in 2008, but you can buy Mario Kart 64 through the Wii shop channel. I bought it and it is still great. That game never gets old.

You gotta wonder, with the nostalgia and serious college hours wasted on titles like MarioKart 64 and Smash Bros., what would happen if Nintendo just decided to re-release the SNES.

BackOrdered

Contributor
You gotta wonder, with the nostalgia and serious college hours wasted on titles like MarioKart 64 and Smash Bros., what would happen if Nintendo just decided to re-release the SNES.

That's essentially what the Wii is. Pretty much all the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 etc games worth playing can be bought and played on the Wii.

And yeah, Smash Bros. Brawl will consume my life next February.