• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nintendo Wii

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Wow, the Wii fit can have only two effects, one is to make fat kids really self-conscious and hopefully make them want to exercise legitimately... or two, give them a new excuse not to go outside because they can exercise with their video games... yay obesity.

You don't actually have to move very much at all to play Wii...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
So does anyone know when this shipment is actually supposed to arrive? Has anyone actually seen Wii's in any stores lately?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
the same thing happened three weeks ago. We got in line over three hours before the store opened and there were over 50 people in front of us with the first person getting there at 8 the night before. So don't plan on rolling in at noon and there being any left. However, if Best Buy is getting them, the Exchanges are probaly as well.

OneBadSSS

That's crazy. What sucks is that half of those people were probably greedy eBay scalpers! I hate those idiots! They are the reason there is always a supply shortage of new consoles whenever a new system is released. I think eBay should make a policy banning the sale of new systems for any kind of markup on their site!

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I happen to be one of the 'ebay scalpers'. Every person has the ability to get up and get in line. As evident by my starting this post I also let everyone I know what day they are coming out. Everyone that I know that wants one get the gouge days in advance, what they do with it is up to them.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Hey, it's easy to blame it on the Ebay scalpers, but the only reason those guys are even selling them is because there are people willing to pay that much for them. I would pin the blame on Nintendo for not producing enough. I got mine by calling daily and checking stores that nobody thinks to check. I got it at K-Mart right after new years of this year. Check the NEX, K-Mart, Blockbuster, and Movie Gallery. Those are a few places that I have seen them last month (I would have bought them and resold them, but I thought the supply shortage was over). If I see one laying around, I am going to scalp it!
BTW, it is worth every penny you pay for it, even if you pay Ebay prices. It is a really fun system, and everyone in our house plays it.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Just got confirmation that Best Buy has 111 in their store and are waiting until Sunday to bust them out. Three weeks ago there was over a 100 people in line for 90 Wiis three hours before the store opened. Plan accordingly. Rumor has it they will get another shipment of 60 before christmas.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got confirmation that Best Buy has 111 in their store and are waiting until Sunday to bust them out.

From here..."The ebay Scalper" communication Network? :D

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
That's crazy. What sucks is that half of those people were probably greedy eBay scalpers! I hate those idiots! They are the reason there is always a supply shortage of new consoles whenever a new system is released. I think eBay should make a policy banning the sale of new systems for any kind of markup on their site!

Call me an idiot all you want, but it was probably a "smart" individual such as yourself who gave me 3 times what I paid for the Xbox 360 I sold him. I'd rather be the idiot with the big bank account then the guy who has to play the new game right then and there no matter what the cost.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot

The real reason the Wii is in such high demand is because Nintendo never anticipated it would take off like it has. Their production facilities were severely under staffed for the high demand.

OneBadSSS

Call me an idiot all you want, but it was probably a "smart" individual such as yourself who gave me 3 times what I paid for the Xbox 360 I sold him. I'd rather be the idiot with the big bank account then the guy who has to play the new game right then and there no matter what the cost.

Actually I wasn't "that guy" because 1) The only new system I purchased at launch was the PS3 and I was lucky enough to walk into my home town BestBuy when they had just received a shipment, so I paid retail price for it and I didn't have to camp out in front of the store for days before!! 2) I would NEVER pay 100-200% markup on a video game system because that's insane and I don't need anything that bad!

Just some food for thought: it's illegal to scalp sports tickets so what makes you think that this is any better? And the whole reason I even posted on this thread is because I'm trying to find a Wii for my little sister to help ensure she has a Merry Christmas. Something greedy scalpers obviously could care less about!

nugget81

pilot
Just some food for thought: it's illegal to scalp sports tickets so what makes you think that this is any better?

That depends on the state you live in. In AZ it is legal to "scalp" tickets so long as it is not done within a certain proximity to the venue. It all comes down to supply and demand. The less the supply, the higher the demand.

Besides, eBayers are acting in the same manner as wholesalers in that they acquire the product at a lesser cost, mark it up and sell it for a profit. Now there's a fourth and maybe fifth party involved instead of your normal three-party transaction.

What really sucks is the ticket company that uses some software to purchase every ticket available to an event without giving the general public a fair opportunity to make a purchase.