• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nintendo Wii

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Wii's are also backwards compatible with Gamecube games, so you can get Mario Kart Double Dash (awesome game) and play that until the new Wii Mario Kart comes out...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Success!!

Well, as the title implies, I was able to pick up a Wii this morning at one of the local Best Buy's! They had 90 in stock and I got #78 :D So thanks to Lucky for the heads up and I hope that everyone else that was trying to find one was successful today as well!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
One of the guys who works for me was able to snag two of them. One for my kid... :) Was at a gas station and happened to walk next door to some little electronics shop.. Held the door open for the UPS driver and asked what he had. Lucky.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
You guys may get a kick out of this

Just skip to the demonstration. Virtual Reality is here.

Wow!! Really intelligent Young man there... We need to recruit him to come work with us!! It would really make Unmanned Aerial Vehicle flying seem real without being in the actual battle. I wonder what he does for living or school?

Anyway really neat technology and thinking outside the box there.

Good find!!

BackOrdered

Contributor
Wow!! Really intelligent Young man there... We need to recruit him to come work with us!! It would really make Unmanned Aerial Vehicle flying seem real without being in the actual battle. I wonder what he does for living or school?

Anyway really neat technology and thinking outside the box there.

Good find!!

He's a college student and that was his human computer interactions senior project. This guy is a genius. Whatever I'm going to do for my Computing Sciences Senior project, he put it to shame.

But yeah, that vid is unreal. I didn't think a viable and cheap VR device would exist in my life time. He host a site that shows how he modded his Wii so others can try too.

FastMover

NFO
None
^^That video is pretty incredible!

Well, I didn't get a Wii for Christmas...at least not yet. I did get one of the guaranteed rain checks from GameStop (along with Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong) though. Hopefully I'll have it before the end of January.

Thanks Mom!

Brett1

Banned
I walked into Toys-R-Us on the 22nd and they had 6 of them. Bought the thing and walked out. Now I have 2 kids fighting over the controllers!!! My 2 year old walks around with it held to his ear saying "hello, hello".....

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I have one at my house that I picked up at Wal-Mart today. I will be willing to sell it for cost ($264 and change) for whoever wants it. If you are in the Milton/Pace metro area, you can come to my pad and pick it up. I don't know how much it costs to ship and would really prefer to not take a trip to the PO, but if I don't get any local takers I will do it.
They had about 10 of them at Wally World this afternoon.
Shoot me a PM if interested. First come first served.