• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Sleep Deprivation?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
You talking about chaps, right? I agree, its outrageous that I am expected to stop what I'm doing (eating, walking through pways to do business, etc) to listen to creepy poems.

I get chills when I remember the nightly movie freezing, and hearing "Good evening Saywas and Mawines" over the 1MC.

Our chaps had a bit of an accent...

Last edited:

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Marine pilots generally get a full 8 hours of shut-eye, but apparently Navy aviators have to stay up to listen to 'woke poetry' while deployed...SMH

No, no, please no more terrible poetry. I have to sit through enough on MLK Day and Juneteenth celebrations. Everyone wants to be Maya Angelou without having Maya Angelou's skill with the written word.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, no, please no more terrible poetry. I have to sit through enough on MLK Day and Juneteenth celebrations. Everyone wants to be Maya Angelou without having Maya Angelou's skill with the written word.
Eh. There've been MLK Day, Juneteenth, AAPI Month, this month, that month command functions going on since Davy Jones was in middle school getting stuffed into his locker. No one ever forces anyone to go. And if some junior Sailor feels a little happier she got to read a bad poem, and the boat is still running and the jets are getting fixed, then who am I to get in the way of making someone's underway life suck just a little bit less?

If someone wants to run a yoga class in an empty spot of the hangar bay, that doesn't impact readiness any more than if they were running the Crossfit WOD. Actually probably less, because there'd be less chance of someone ending up in medical after hurting themselves.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Eh. There've been MLK Day, Juneteenth, AAPI Month, this month, that month command functions going on since Davy Jones was in middle school getting stuffed into his locker. No one ever forces anyone to go. And if some junior Sailor feels a little happier she got to read a bad poem, and the boat is still running and the jets are getting fixed, then who am I to get in the way of making someone's underway life suck just a little bit less?

If someone wants to run a yoga class in an empty spot of the hangar bay, that doesn't impact readiness any more than if they were running the Crossfit WOD. Actually probably less, because there'd be less chance of someone ending up in medical after hurting themselves.
That’s very un-Navy of you. Don’t you know that happiness on the boat is a zero-sum game? You only get happier by taking it away from someone else…

;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That’s very un-Navy of you. Don’t you know that happiness on the boat is a zero-sum game? You only get happier by taking it away from someone else…

;)
I realize you're joking, but good Sailors we want to keep no-shit leave the Navy because of this kind of toxic bullshit.

Rockriver

pilot
There was a beautiful poem about sleep that was popular in the JO bunkroom back in my day. Sometimes we would sing it together, particularly during GQ. ??❤️?

There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to,
In my rack, in my rack, in my rack.

In this world I lock out all my worries and my fears,
In my rack, in my rack, in my rack,

Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray?
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday?

Now it's dark and I'm alone but I won't be afraid,
In my rack,
In my rack, in my rack, in my rack
In my rack, in my rack, in my rack

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mentally prepare myself should I be chronically sleep deprived for long periods of time. OCS is only a few weeks, so I can suck that up. But if it's for years?
Snap out of it. An entire community of diverse people do this thing called Naval Aviation... and do it effectively. Sleep is the last thing you should be worrying about.