• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Aircraft Selection

Rohan

I'm currently a SNFO in primary. I'm looking for information on the various platforms. I'm interested in deployment times, locations of stations, and any other good gouge (family life issues, etc).

I'd appreciate any current NFOs or pilots pass along what they have experienced in their squadrons.

Thanks a lot.

michaelaj

Choice of Platform as NFO

During the NFO pipeline, how much of a choice do you have in choosing what platform you wish to fly on? For example, if your top choice is to fly as a P-3 NFO how much of a say do you have in that? Or if your top choice is to fly on a fighter jet as a NFO? Thanks for any info you can give me.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
During the NFO pipeline, how much of a choice do you have in choosing what platform you wish to fly on? For example, if your top choice is to fly as a P-3 NFO how much of a say do you have in that? Or if your top choice is to fly on a fighter jet as a NFO? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Your choices are largely a result of your performance. If you graduate #1, then you get what you want, otherwise, if you are other than #1, then it becomes the needs of the Navy and you'll go where you are told.

-ea6bflyr ;)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Your choices are largely a result of your performance. If you graduate #1, then you get what you want, otherwise, if you are other than #1, then it becomes the needs of the Navy and you'll go where you are told.
Caveot that....
Needs of the Navy always come first.
If you are #1 and they have what you want, you will get it.
If you are #2 and they have what you want after the #1 selected, you will get it......etc.
Of course if you have 5 slots for planes full of rubber dog shit and that is it, then the #1 guy is going to get it as is the #5 guy.
Then there is the mysterious quality spread......so the moral of the story is be #1 or be lucky....fortunately, I have been lucky more times than I have been #1.

P3 F0

None
And really, there are few platforms that I wouldn't have enjoyed. I wanted props and got it, but I would have had a blast on the Prowler. I wanted P-3's but got EP-3's, and thoroughly enjoyed that. So chances are you'll be happy with whatever you get, even if you don't think you want it.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Are there any projections for the platforms in which the Navy will be needing in the next 6-12 mths? I am leaving for OCS hopefully with in a month but I am just trying to look ahead. I would like the strike fighter path, but I think I might like the hawkeye. That said, I guess I should plan on going into a P-3.

MasterBates

Here is a quick quiz to see what pipeline you should take. What do you read on the Shitter?

Maxim
Playboy
Harry Potter
NATOPS

Pick one, and I'll pick your community.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Here is a quick quiz to see what pipeline you should take. What do you read on the Shitter?

Maxim
Playboy
Harry Potter
NATOPS

Pick one, and I'll pick your community.

Well...jeez...I can see where this is going.:icon_tong

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me guess:

1. NATOPS: E-2's
2. Maxim: EA-6B's
3. Playboy: F/A-18's
4. Harry Potter: P-3's

1&4 could easily be switched.

-ea6bflyr ;)

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
well...I have never been able to sit through a harry potter movie, Maxim doesnt show v#g, and playboy is too expensive! lol looks like im headed for E-2's. jk Thanks for not bashin me too much though.

MasterBates

Do the switheroo, and you got it.

My logic-
P3s = NATOPS Nazis. Just how it seems to an outsider. (and hey, my Aircraft is as old as yours bite me)
Prowler/Shocker = Maxim. That way you can take it in the plane just in case you have mixed company side to side.
SupaBugs = Playboy. Because it's the only boobs they will see.
E2 = Harry Potter. I mean, they call the friggin schoolhouse HOGWARTS. :eek: