• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

banjosquirrel

My apologies if this has been answered and I missed it, but does anyone know how soon after a board convenes that we find out whether we're in?

jzaaa

So is this board actually happening on Monday?
I hope so... getting nervous.

Also did anyone disclose any drug usage prior to sending in their packet.
Just worried because I unknowingly took a hit from a joint when in college (thought it was a hand rolled cigarette at the time as my roommates used to roll their own cigarettes), and had to disclose that on my packet. It was one time thing, and haven't smoked after that but was worried that they would deny me for that one incident.

Don't think it's a big deal seeing how it was an honest mistake, but thought I'd ask to see what ya'll thought.

zsmall1

My journey to submit my SWO application has made me realize the gravity of the Navy's War on Paper and I guess I consider myself a casualty of it. On the plus side it's liberating to not have to follow this board religiously anymore. If anyone else has experienced a shit show like this I'd love to hear it.

November '14-Completed OAR Exam, Recommendations, and Paperwork. During this time my recruiter said I should be able to submit my app before the holidays, boy was that a good joke.
Late November'14-Submitted initial medical paperwork
December 22nd-Rejected by MEPS
January 28th-Appeal rejected by N3M in Millington
February 3rd-Waiver from Surgeon for Hip Surgery Sent to Millington
February 12th-Approved to process at MEPS on February 20th
February 18th-Recruiter informs me that the initial paperwork I signed will be 65 days old when processed by MEPS and therefore invalid by 5 days so my MEPS date must be canceled eliminating any hope of making this board.

Now I must fill out all of the paperwork again, have it sent to MEPS where it will be rejected again so that I can then send the paperwork to N3M in Millington along with the waiver. Once I am approved there again I can schedule a MEPS date. New targeted date for submitting SWO app is late March/early April according to the recruiter with an OCS date of sometime in 2016. That is unless WWIII breaks out before then or if they run out of paper.

bluehens15

Just worried because I unknowingly took a hit from a joint when in college (thought it was a hand rolled cigarette at the time as my roommates used to roll their own cigarettes), and had to disclose that on my packet. It was one time thing, and haven't smoked after that but was worried that they would deny me for that one incident.

Don't think it's a big deal seeing how it was an honest mistake, but thought I'd ask to see what ya'll thought.

You'll be fine, everyone's done it

My journey to submit my SWO application has made me realize the gravity of the Navy's War on Paper and I guess I consider myself a casualty of it. On the plus side it's liberating to not have to follow this board religiously anymore. If anyone else has experienced a shit show like this I'd love to hear it.

November '14-Completed OAR Exam, Recommendations, and Paperwork. During this time my recruiter said I should be able to submit my app before the holidays, boy was that a good joke.
Late November'14-Submitted initial medical paperwork
December 22nd-Rejected by MEPS
January 28th-Appeal rejected by N3M in Millington
February 3rd-Waiver from Surgeon for Hip Surgery Sent to Millington
February 12th-Approved to process at MEPS on February 20th
February 18th-Recruiter informs me that the initial paperwork I signed will be 65 days old when processed by MEPS and therefore invalid by 5 days so my MEPS date must be canceled eliminating any hope of making this board.

Now I must fill out all of the paperwork again, have it sent to MEPS where it will be rejected again so that I can then send the paperwork to N3M in Millington along with the waiver. Once I am approved there again I can schedule a MEPS date. New targeted date for submitting SWO app is late March/early April according to the recruiter with an OCS date of sometime in 2016. That is unless WWIII breaks out before then or if they run out of paper.

I have been trying to become a Naval Officer since August. Of 2013. I have made countless trips at my own expense to my OR's office. This is my second time applying. It takes time, but you just have to be patient. I know it can be a hassle, but that's just the way it works. If you are crunched on time and truly set on becoming an officer, I will say that I completed my officer package for the Army start to finish in less time than it took to get a resubmission this last time.

Last edited:

81642240.jpg

I don't know how NRC handles these. I know that there have been officers with less than perfect backgrounds who have had minor run-ins with the law. I know that experimenting with MJ has been discussed. That being said, I would check other forums.

Larick

None
Contributor
Experimented with MJ (2x) back in 2007. Didn't cause a problem with my packet. You just sign some extra paperwork saying you won't do any drugs if selected for AD. Now if that experimentation number is high up there, then you might/will have to get a waiver.