• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

EMTpilot

URGENT: I just got off the phone with my OR in Philly. It seems there has been a huge national debacle with this board. According to my OR nobody in the region was informed the boards were happening on the 3rd (NYC, Philly, Baltimore). Furthermore most of the west coast was not informed. In years of doing this he has never seen something like this. They usually get a few weeks heads up on the deadline. You could hear the anger in his voice. So there are tons of applicants that may be affected by this. Follow up with your ORs. There is a scramble to figure out what is to be done with all these applicants that never made it to the board. Possibly an early next board. Strap in ladies and gents.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
URGENT: I just got off the phone with my OR in Philly. It seems there has been a huge national debacle with this board. According to my OR nobody in the region was informed the boards were happening on the 3rd (NYC, Philly, Baltimore). Furthermore most of the west coast was not informed. In years of doing this he has never seen something like this. They usually get a few weeks heads up on the deadline. You could hear the anger in his voice. So there are tons of applicants that may be affected by this. Follow up with your ORs. There is a scramble to figure out what is to be done with all these applicants that never made it to the board. Possibly an early next board. Strap in ladies and gents.

I don't think anyone would hate an early next board! ;)
Let's hope that that's the case; I don't want to have to wait another 4 months!

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
I'm in NRD Detroit. My OR didn't get any notification either. Apparently some of the recruiters only found out because of recruits e-mailing them with information found on AW.

KnightFlight

???????
question to anyone: If an application is submitted, how long will be it be before one can verify its submission in CIRIMS?
Also, If I was told my application was submitted for SWO but its is not shown is CIRIMS, does that mean that I am out of luck for the next board?
From my understanding your OR submits it to the processor at their NRD for review. From there it goes to NRC for final review, then it waits in a pile until the next board is held. I'd imagine you should be able to see if your kit has made it from your NRD to NRC within a week or 2. Your OR can look and tell you your kit status.

KnightFlight

I'm going through NRD Portland, but my OR won't let me submit until OCT boards saying the district has hit their SNA/SNFO goal for the year. I'm assuming you submitted before they hit that supposed limit? It's crazy frustrating just sitting around because of some BS rule.
I would ask to have your information sent to another NRD. This may convince them to submit anyway. And if they still won't, I would make the drive to another NRD and start a new application. You would not catch me waiting 8 months for a board. But that's just me...

KnightFlight

Prorec-n sna/snfo for the second time, think I'll try the marines next
No offense, but it's got to be your GPA from what I've read on this site. Definitely try Marines, all they care about is your PFT score. (Well not ALL, but it's the biggest factor). It's a little different process. You PFT before they will let you go to Pensacola for your NAMI, which you have to pass before you submit your application. You need about a 290 on your PFT to be competitive for Pilot. Focus on 20 dead hang pull ups (definitely 17+), 100 crunches in 2 minutes (all 100), and a sub 20 minute 3 mile (i believe 15 min gets you full points which is insanely fast lol). If you can nail that down you should have a good chance with your ASTB and Major.
Don't quote me here, I'm just going off a friend who is in Pensacola for flight school now that's in the Marines.

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board

From what's been said on here it doesn't seem to be that rare of an occurrence for NRDs to not be told about upcoming boards. That being said, I am in the same boat of being happy if there is actually an early next board.

CuBs2105

The rough estimate for the next board is 9-12 weeks. Counting it from the last board (3 Feb) it puts that time frame as 7-28 April. Not sure if the NRD's being upset about applicants not making the board will make any difference in moving up that time table but the sooner the better.

Ropel22

No offense, but it's got to be your GPA from what I've read on this site. Definitely try Marines, all they care about is your PFT score. (Well not ALL, but it's the biggest factor). It's a little different process. You PFT before they will let you go to Pensacola for your NAMI, which you have to pass before you submit your application. You need about a 290 on your PFT to be competitive for Pilot. Focus on 20 dead hang pull ups (definitely 17+), 100 crunches in 2 minutes (all 100), and a sub 20 minute 3 mile (i believe 15 min gets you full points which is insanely fast lol). If you can nail that down you should have a good chance with your ASTB and Major.
Don't quote me here, I'm just going off a friend who is in Pensacola for flight school now that's in the Marines.

No offense taken. I was immature and didn't try in college. I knew that my gpa would hold me back. I was already looking into the marines, and what you said is true about the pft. I can max out on sit ups, and my 3 mile time is good, but I really need to work on pull ups.... A lot. Nobody said it will be easy. Congrats on getting selected and thank you for the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to serve with you in the future.

RCArce01

I would ask to have your information sent to another NRD. This may convince them to submit anyway. And if they still won't, I would make the drive to another NRD and start a new application. You would not catch me waiting 8 months for a board. But that's just me...
Yeah I've pretty much decided that's what I'll do at this point. The only issue is I'm scheduled to take the ASTB in Portland in 2 weeks, so I think I'll wait to mention switching NRD's until after I do that. That way I shouldn't have much left in my kit that I need to physically be in Seattle for, and therefore minimize the amount of trips I need to make up there. Thanks for the advice and congrats on the Pro-Rec!

KnightFlight

No offense taken. I was immature and didn't try in college. I knew that my gpa would hold me back. I was already looking into the marines, and what you said is true about the pft. I can max out on sit ups, and my 3 mile time is good, but I really need to work on pull ups.... A lot. Nobody said it will be easy. Congrats on getting selected and thank you for the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to serve with you in the future.
Check out the armstrong pull up program on youtube, and get a pull up bar in your house too. Thanks a lot! Best of luck in whatever branch you decide to try for, and don't give up!
Yeah I've pretty much decided that's what I'll do at this point. The only issue is I'm scheduled to take the ASTB in Portland in 2 weeks, so I think I'll wait to mention switching NRD's until after I do that. That way I shouldn't have much left in my kit that I need to physically be in Seattle for, and therefore minimize the amount of trips I need to make up there. Thanks for the advice and congrats on the Pro-Rec!
Good thinking, knock out that ASTB then see what they say. Study your butt off and check out all the tips in the ASTB thread on here. Thanks for congrats! Hopefully you'll get one soon too.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot

I am also looking at the Marines (Navy is preference tho) so the PFT has been a primary focus for me over the past few months. As @KnightFlight mentioned, check out the Major Armstrong pullup routine (http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/), it really works magic. I started the program being able to do 11 pullups just before Christmas. After 7.5 weeks of training I finally hit 20 last Sunday. It will beat the shit out of your hands, your calluses will build their own calluses, but trust me the routine works.

KnightFlight

I am also looking at the Marines (Navy is preference tho) so the PFT has been a primary focus for me over the past few months. As @KnightFlight mentioned, check out the Major Armstrong pullup routine (http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/), it really works magic. I started the program being able to do 11 pullups just before Christmas. After 7.5 weeks of training I finally hit 20 last Sunday. It will beat the shit out of your hands, your calluses will build their own calluses, but trust me the routine works.
Speaking of calluses, get a stone for the shower to smooth them down and get rid of them. I thought calluses would be a good thing so I didn't tear up my hands constantly... Wait until you rip one off while you're hanging from the bar, it is far from pleasant. I use a stone about twice a week since that day haha.