• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

National OPO

All - has been a while since I have posted to Air Warriors as I have since transferred from NRC and retired, but letting you know that per NRC (still have close comms with the shop there in NRC - some great Navy enlisted and officers working there), Fleet NFO applications (applications for NFO from Navy Fleet Sailors) ARE, I repeat ARE, being accepted by NRC. Conversely, NRDs have been instructed to NOT submit any additional NFO applications from non-Fleet (civilian) applicants until directed to do so. This hold on NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications is to allow NRC to push through the current load of NFO applications and prior PROREC-Y NFO applicants awaiting shipping to OCS. The NRC shop did not indicate when they will once again start accepting NRD-submitted NFO applications for civilian applicants, but could be as early as April-May timeframe. If you are one of those civilian NFO applicants waiting to submit your application, remain in close communications with your recruiter, who will hear from NRC the minute that the application window is once again opened for NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications. However, if you are a Navy Fleet Sailor, push ahead with submitting your NFO application to NRC. Please get this word out and spread around the various blogs talking about upcoming 2015 Pilot/NFO boards. Best of luck to those qualified Fleet Sailors that apply.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
SWO almost certainly, but recent stats of the Navy being overmanned in SWO would make me a tiny bit worried, even though your scores suggest you're obviously qualified. Supply, maybe. Supply is very competitive now. Kinda weird to me because apparently a lot more people want non-warfare qualified restricted line jobs than I thought. Good luck to you, man. Let us know.

Where's your source saying SWO is overmanned? All those folks who were selected this year will be moved to FY 2016.

Last edited:

CuBs2105

All - has been a while since I have posted to Air Warriors as I have since transferred from NRC and retired, but letting you know that per NRC (still have close comms with the shop there in NRC - some great Navy enlisted and officers working there), Fleet NFO applications (applications for NFO from Navy Fleet Sailors) ARE, I repeat ARE, being accepted by NRC. Conversely, NRDs have been instructed to NOT submit any additional NFO applications from non-Fleet (civilian) applicants until directed to do so. This hold on NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications is to allow NRC to push through the current load of NFO applications and prior PROREC-Y NFO applicants awaiting shipping to OCS. The NRC shop did not indicate when they will once again start accepting NRD-submitted NFO applications for civilian applicants, but could be as early as April-May timeframe. If you are one of those civilian NFO applicants waiting to submit your application, remain in close communications with your recruiter, who will hear from NRC the minute that the application window is once again opened for NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications. However, if you are a Navy Fleet Sailor, push ahead with submitting your NFO application to NRC. Please get this word out and spread around the various blogs talking about upcoming 2015 Pilot/NFO boards. Best of luck to those qualified Fleet Sailors that apply.

Since we aren't sure when the board will be convened, what is the deadline for submission? Mine is currently awaiting the CO's signature but it is in route and I should have it by the end of the week.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Since we aren't sure when the board will be convened, what is the deadline for submission? Mine is currently awaiting the CO's signature but it is in route and I should have it by the end of the week.

Since we aren't sure when a board will be convened, we can't be sure when the submission deadline will be. Just send it out ASAP.

Thank you sir. You have confirmed a lot of rumors. Well, anyone else besides me having to wait because of this news?

I just received a notice from my recruiter that my packet may not be accepted by the NRC due to too many application for SWO. I heard I am in the same boat with couple of other guys.... from my NRD. Is this true? I sent out my final paperwork 2 weeks ago and everything has been QAed. My recruiter said I might have to wait for the next board which is may be too long for me. Any ideas?

CuBs2105

Has any other fleet applicants been asked to provide the final submission date in writing by someone in their COC? I was asked to provide that by my Dept Head so that my CO knows how long she has to review my package. I called the CNRC helpdesk and they said it is up to the Program Manager as to when the submission deadline is AFTER the board date has been determined and any submissions after that date will roll to the next board.

RiseR 25

Are they doing that for the STA-21 program to assist the OCS pipeline? If so that is a pretty good idea.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Has any other fleet applicants been asked to provide the final submission date in writing by someone in their COC? I was asked to provide that by my Dept Head so that my CO knows how long she has to review my package. I called the CNRC helpdesk and they said it is up to the Program Manager as to when the submission deadline is AFTER the board date has been determined and any submissions after that date will roll to the next board.

Tell your DH it's a rolling board and that they generally meet every few months (meaning Feb).

National OPO

Are they doing that for the STA-21 program to assist the OCS pipeline? If so that is a pretty good idea.
All - no, no connection between the STA-21 (managed by NETC) and the OCS program (managed by NRC). Two different commissioning programs managed by two different Navy commands. If your chain or command is asking about "drop dead OCS application due dates" or something like that - specifically for SWO, Pilot and/or NFO - as Rubio stated, tell them that NRC's SWO/Pilot/NFO OCS boards are "rolling boards" and occur throughout the year. So although there might not be set application due dates for SWO, Pilot, NFO OCS professional recommendation boards (often improperly referred to as "selection boards") throughout the year, NRC will accept them at anytime and as always - the goal being that SWO, Pilot, &/or NFO applications submitted are complete, accurate, and paint the Sailor is the best possible light with the best chance of selection.