• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I am definitely considering it. At this point though, I would imagine sending all my kit items from one NRD to another takes a fair amount of time and I may miss the Feb board in that process; losing a valuable resource (my OR) in the process.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Diversity goal for the officer side isn't a big deal at all. I can submit all the gringo Pilots, Nukes, Reservists I want and all my command/region/NRC can do is only gripe at the very worse. They'll still get to board and won't impact their selection. Sounds like your OR is taking this diversity deal seriously.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Diversity goal for the officer side isn't a big deal at all. I can submit all the gringo Pilots, Nukes, Reservists I want and all my command/region/NRC can do is only gripe at the very worse. They'll still get to board and won't impact their selection. Sounds like your OR is taking this diversity deal seriously.
getyy.jpg

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA

In that case, I don't know what to think. He didn't come off as taking it seriously himself, in fact he expressed that he was extremely frustrated that NRC would "require we submit more diverse packets and put holds on well-qualified applicants' kits in the process." Is there an incentive for him to submit more diverse kits? Another reason he doesn't want to submit my packet? (Other posts in this thread have me wondering if their NRD has met goal for the designator I am applying). I'm not really sure how to go about this, because at this point if my kit isn't coming out of NRD Phoenix, it probably isn't going to be going to the selection board in time from anywhere else. If I miss this board, then I am out 9 months with nothing to show. I don't think that I am a lock at all for this board, but at least if I am able to submit and come back Pro Rec: N, then I know that I need to better my packet, and would be applying a second time by the time the board rolls around that he is saying I will need to wait to apply to for the first time.

Thanks @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec for replying to my questions, you've both been a big help. The bottom line is that I'm posting on here to see if I am getting jerked around, or if what I was told is a genuine parameter that all NRD's are having to work around.

exNavyOffRec

In that case, I don't know what to think. He didn't come off as taking it seriously himself, in fact he expressed that he was extremely frustrated that NRC would "require we submit more diverse packets and put holds on well-qualified applicants' kits in the process." Is there an incentive for him to submit more diverse kits? Another reason he doesn't want to submit my packet? (Other posts in this thread have me wondering if their NRD has met goal for the designator I am applying). I'm not really sure how to go about this, because at this point if my kit isn't coming out of NRD Phoenix, it probably isn't going to be going to the selection board in time from anywhere else. If I miss this board, then I am out 9 months with nothing to show. I don't think that I am a lock at all for this board, but at least if I am able to submit and come back Pro Rec: N, then I know that I need to better my packet, and would be applying a second time by the time the board rolls around that he is saying I will need to wait to apply to for the first time.

Thanks @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec for replying to my questions, you've both been a big help. The bottom line is that I'm posting on here to see if I am getting jerked around, or if what I was told is a genuine parameter that all NRD's are having to work around.

This is how jacked up this is, a NRD hold applications, others do not, so the ones that don't hold applications keep getting applicants submitted for FY 16, so when the other NRD's actually wake up billets are either gone or nearly gone and that screws both the applicants and the NRD's that have their head up their backside.

paulmkrueger

Just received word that I have to take a PRT for SWO because I'm prior and need an age waiver. On one hand, I'm worried about the last minute PRT, but on the other hand I'm happy I am in the 30-34 year old bracket. Ha!

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Just received word that I have to take a PRT for SWO because I'm prior and need an age waiver. On one hand, I'm worried about the last minute PRT, but on the other hand I'm happy I am in the 30-34 year old bracket. Ha!
You got this! What do you have to pass? 30 push-ups, 40 curl ups, and a 12:30 mile and a half?

cmwz1510r

pilot
None
So with the canceling of the NFO spots, should I even submit my package? It's nearly complete, waiting on one interview sheet to come back before I have my coc send it.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
So with the canceling of the NFO spots, should I even submit my package? It's nearly complete, waiting on one interview sheet to come back before I have my coc send it.
How much money would it take to pay @RUFiO181 to post telling everybody to hold their applications for the next board, including Mr. 9/9/9 80 guy? Hmmm