• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Next Pilot/NFO Board 30 June 2015

RCArce01

Sorry, I meant the next one after June 30 lol

I am still in the works of putting my package together.....
Ah, haha right. Pilot/NFO are boards are "rolling" which means they convene whenever NRC has received enough packages to hold a board. This is a rare case where we know the date (thankfully), but they tend to happen every 90-120 days on average. I'd speculate the next board will likely be sometime between Sept 1st and Halloween. That's a big window, but the whole application process is kind of a crapshoot to be honest so take everything you hear with a grain of salt. I'm in Portland as well... Good luck and let me know if you have any questions

Garrett S.

Negative ghostrider. Pilots and FOs both only get about 15 hours in IFS before you solo. You can continue the civilian flights and pay out of pocket if you wanted to get your ppl.

Don't plan on finishing it up in Pensacola either. They aren't currently authorizing anyone to fly on their own, they want your focus to be on your Navy training.

July can't come soon enough, applied Pilot on this board. Does anyone have a realistic timeline of OCS departure? Is it possible to get your FINSEL right away or do all those selected always get a PRO-REC? I'm game-planning for 6 months but I desperately hope it's sooner. Good luck to all those who applied!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
July can't come soon enough, applied Pilot on this board. Does anyone have a realistic timeline of OCS departure? Is it possible to get your FINSEL right away or do all those selected always get a PRO-REC? I'm game-planning for 6 months but I desperately hope it's sooner. Good luck to all those who applied!

A quick search to the Final Select purgatory thread can easily answer your question.

MemphisBell

pilot
I was selected for SNA last pilot board on April 8 and recieved my final select letter on May 19 for July 26 ocs date. So expect about a 4 month wait time.

spierr13

So, I submitted my package this morning. Before I left work I called the processor he acknowledged that he got the package and was going through it. He said he'd send it to the PM by the end of the workday. How likely do you guys think my package makes it to this board? Is there a way for active duty guys to know whether the kit made it to the board?

uncdude33

You will get an email from one of the processors saying something along the lines of "You have been found physically qualified to medically continue OCS Processing" or at least mine did, and attached was my N3M letter which will indicate that your package has been submitted for a board, but from my conversations with the fleet processor the only way you will know for certain your package was reviewed by a board is when you receive your PRO REC Y or N. Which you will see in BOL in the same tab as advancement results. @spierr13 Good luck, the date they gave 5JUN to make it to the board was for civilian applicants. It only takes a day or two to process AD applications. Best of luck in making it to this board.

spierr13

Thanks man. I received an e-mail later on yesterday that the package was processed for board participation. The processor also said in the e-mail that since the board is on the 30th I may or may not make the board. He said if they're targeting 100 kits for this board and they're already there then my kits automatically goes to the next board. I'm just hoping I'm kit 99 instead of 101 lol. We'll see in the near future. The anxiety of not knowing if it made it to this board will kill me.

MemphisBell

pilot
Thanks man. I received an e-mail later on yesterday that the package was processed for board participation. The processor also said in the e-mail that since the board is on the 30th I may or may not make the board. He said if they're targeting 100 kits for this board and they're already there then my kits automatically goes to the next board. I'm just hoping I'm kit 99 instead of 101 lol. We'll see in the near future. The anxiety of not knowing if it made it to this board will kill me.
I totally understand! I was in he same boat last board but I ended up making it and getting selected. I know for the April board we were not given a date for our packages to be done but from when my NRD submitted my package to when the board meet was about 14 days, so there is hope!

Bigcat18

Does everyone receive an email that there package is being processed or only priors? My recruiter called me a month ago and said everything was submitted but I have not received an email so I am starting to sweat a little.