• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next board (Sept?)

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I know this is posted about every month, but its a new month, so time for a new thread.

All false alarms aside for good. I am going to be reviewed at the next board. I am extremely excited, and defintely owe it to a few people on here who have helped me get the assistance needed. You know who you guys are, thank you.

Who else is applying for the September Board?

Edit: I just heard that the board has been changed from 19SEP to 11SEP, but that it may move around as the FY comes to a close.

Good luck to everyone applying.

bgatheri

Getting ready for next board

I have been told by my recuiter that the next board will be Sept. 21.. I got my package in for SNA... praying for the best!!!

C-Mike

After narrowly missing the July Board myself, and having the August board slip right, I've been told it should happen the week of 11 Sept.
I do believe the Marine selection boards are a totally different ball game.

bgatheri

The Sept. 21 board is for SNA/SNFO for the Navy.. but don't take my word for it... Everyone on these forums seem to have a different date and the board dates still remain a confusing issue...

BackOrdered

Contributor
I just got pro'rec for Supply corp this mourning. So I guess those board dates this month are no joke.

JBird

TBS Charlie Co./ SNFO
The Marines just got done with thier board for a few slots that opened up for OCS 193 in October, and they did a pre-select for OCS 194 in Jan a couple of weeks ago. I do believe they still will have another board in late October/early November for OCS 194. I don't think they filled that class up yet, but not forsure, talk to your OSO.

phxtx81

I am in for the September 11th board also. 9/11 is definitely one of the reasons I applied and now they are selecting on that date. Seems fitting. Good luck everyone!

Spencer

Ok, so what is the date of the September board? There are people saying the 11th, the 19th, and the 21st...

My recruiter said it would take place on the 21st.

Interesting to note, he also questioned my availability to leave for OCS ASAP if I was selected. He mentioned that it was to the point, closing the fiscal year, that they may be looking at packages before board and taking people that make the cut and "can go now."

B.S. or not?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I believe the original board date was the 21st (Thursday). However, my recruiter said that according to his info (when I posted) it had been moved to the 11th. I believe that is accurate to the best of what knowledge is available.

As for OCS selections, I don't know if they select before the board date but I wouldnt be surprised if they do things like that right as the FY closes. Its all about the budget and allocations so if all of a sudden a couple spots open that would have been otherwised wasted, I am sure they would rather fill it with people eager and ready to go.

Spencer

This is the eve of the big day for a lot us.

I wonder if the board is really meeting tomorrow (9/11)? If anyone gets a confirmation on that, please let us know on here.

Was the August board skipped?

From what I've been told, it is usually a week or less from the date of a board, when results are posted. Of course, from the July board experience, that was not the case. Hopefully for us, it is much quicker.

Any idea what the end of the FY is? I was told they would be taking extra pilots here at the end because they missed numbers early on. I guess I am trying to play Nostradamus here, a little bit, and predict our futures.

Keep this post going because it's offering information and hope for all the guys at this board: patience doesn't come easy.

Best of luck to you all.

FlynCharnas

I was told that 111 pilots were to be selected for the entire year, and so far, as of August, 96 had been selected, leaving 15 slots for the September board. This does not include BDCP applicants. I was also told that the boards would be held on either the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of each month, and this month the board is said to be on the 2nd Thursday, which is the 14th of Sept. I hope I am wrong about the date. The 11th (today) would be sweet. I bet there looking at my app. right now.

AppleCello

Any idea what the end of the FY is? I was told they would be taking extra pilots here at the end because they missed numbers early on. I guess I am trying to play Nostradamus here, a little bit, and predict our futures.

FY starts 1 October, I believe. Not positive on that but this is what i've gathered from hanging around my recruiters office.

youearnedit

Just Took Astb

I just took the Navy ASTB and then the AFOQT for the Air Force and let me tell you something: The Air Force is at least 10 times more difficult! To avoid any jinks, I will not comment on how I did...I get results on both in 2 weeks.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I agree that the AFOQT is harder. Oddly enough I did much better on it then I did on the ASTB despite being up all night the night before for Arnies.

AFOQT: 89p/89n/91q/87a/68v (out of 99)
ASTB: 59/7/7/7 (out of 80/9/9/9)

I had also been consistantly told that the boards were later in the month. My only guess is they are moved up so that perhaps they can get some selections done, and get them in before the close of the FY (which would be 3 weeks away).