• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Years 2010 Resolutions

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Clux4 - the Mods can see your original post. You are the biggest fucking idiot I've ever seen on this board. If that is your idea of a good resolution / good time, the Marines need to can your ass right now for mental unsuitability. I can't believe you are an officer.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't do resolutions, or Christmas, or New Years for that matter, but I do have a lot of probelms with you people...as defined below:

1. Stop being stupid. Seriously, people. I know that every swinging dick that has fantasies of flying this, that or the other discovers AW via Google, or some such, but do you really think that there's a legion of Aviators on the edge of their collective seats who're waiting to answer your anane rookie high school questions as though you're pulling up to a Burger King drive thru? Please, please, please...do some fucking research - I don't care where, be it here or through the miracle of the internet, but if one more of you stupid motherfuckers asks what your chances are of flying a fighter, I will hunt you down and repreatedly punch you in the larynx.

2. Stop being right-wing automatons. Just because you're in the military doesn't mean that you have to be the latest Bill O'Reiley clone. Open your minds and entertain something other than Fox news to feed your worldwiew. Seriously, the internet is full of interesting alternative viewpoints which will add depth to your understanding of every issue under the sun. It's Ok to be a conservative or Republican, just be an informed one who actually understands the complexities of the issues rather than memorizing the RNC's talking points. When you get to my readyroom, I expect you to be fully versed in the nuances of international politics.

3. Stop getting married and breeding so God damned young! If you are marrying someone you've known for less than two years, YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK. If you're marrying someone and you're under 30, YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK. If you're marrying someone prior to commissioning, or deployment because you think it's the "right thing to do," or think that it will be "easier" while you're away, then YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK.

4. Finally, stop looking forthe loophole. Stop trying to be the guy who slides by and screws away his ground job. Stop being the guy who decides that it's OK to fuck that cool chick pilot in your squadron, or that hot enlisted chick, or whatever. I am done with you in 2010. I will expose you and run you out of my beloved Navy.

Brett

Clux4

Banned
Clux4 - the Mods can see your original post. You are the biggest fucking idiot I've ever seen on this board. If that is your idea of a good resolution / good time, the Marines need to can your ass right now for mental unsuitability. I can't believe you are an officer.

I figured I should be willing to watch one if I am a proponent of its use. It was not a resolution per se and that is why I took it off. More along the lines of what I would want to accomplish this year.

It kind of heard to prove mental suitability based on internet postings.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I don't do resolutions, or Christmas, or New Years for that matter, but I do have a lot of probelms with you people...as defined below:

1. Stop being stupid. Seriously, people. I know that every swinging dick that has fantasies of flying this, that or the other discovers AW via Google, or some such, but do you really think that there's a legion of Aviators on the edge of their collective seats who're waiting to answer your anane rookie high school questions as though you're pulling up to a Burger King drive thru? Please, please, please...do some fucking research - I don't care where, be it here or through the miracle of the internet, but if one more of you stupid motherfuckers asks what your chances are of flying a fighter, I will hunt you down and repreatedly punch you in the larynx.

2. Stop being right-wing automatons. Just because you're in the military doesn't mean that you have to be the latest Bill O'Reiley clone. Open your minds and entertain something other than Fox news to feed your worldwiew. Seriously, the internet is full of interesting alternative viewpoints which will add depth to your understanding of every issue under the sun. It's Ok to be a conservative or Republican, just be an informed one who actually understands the complexities of the issues rather than memorizing the RNC's talking points. When you get to my readyroom, I expect you to be fully versed in the nuances of international politics.

3. Stop getting married and breeding so God damned young! If you are marrying someone you've known for less than two years, YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK. If you're marrying someone and you're under 30, YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK. If you're marrying someone prior to commissioning, or deployment because you think it's the "right thing to do," or think that it will be "easier" while you're away, then YOU'RE A STUPID FUCK.

4. Finally, stop looking forthe loophole. Stop trying to be the guy who slides by and screws away his ground job. Stop being the guy who decides that it's OK to fuck that cool chick pilot in your squadron, or that hot enlisted chick, or whatever. I am done with you in 2010. I will expose you and run you out of my beloved Navy.

Brett

Only you would make resolutions ..... for others

Not bad though

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
God you are grumpy Brett!

Did Santa bring you coal this year? As one stupid fuck who got married at 23, had 2 kids before he was thirty, asked stupid questions on AW's, and uses the Al Jazeera Network to legitimize his right wing conspiratorial leanings...we can't all be as cool as you sir...but we never stop trying! :icon_smil

FWIW I do agree with your 4th "resolution"...

Pickle

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
God you are grumpy Brett!

Did Santa bring you coal this year? As one stupid fuck who got married at 23, had 2 kids before he was thirty, asked stupid questions on AW's, and uses the Al Jazeera Network to legitimize his right wing conspiratorial leanings...we can't all be as cool as you sir...but we never stop trying! :icon_smil

FWIW I do agree with your 4th "resolution"...

Pickle
Come on, get with the spirit of the season - airing of grievances? Anyone? :D

Brett

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
Pickle,
I also am imperfect and have a New Year's resolution! :) I want to run a marathon this year as well.

Just for your info: There is a small marathon/half marathon set up at the end of February. It's put on by a small running group in Oak Harbor called the Average Joes. I am hoping to run the half in preparation to run a full marathon in April.

The February half/full is called the Ghost of Whidbey run. Here's the blog: http://whidbeyghost.blogspot.com/.

Just a few of the half/full marathons I know about in the area are:

The Whidbey Marathon in April (I plan to run the full this April...I hear it is quite hilly though) http://www.whidbeyislandmarathon.com/home.cfm
Rock 'N' Roll Marathon in Seattle in June
http://seattle.competitor.com/
The Skagit Flats in September (I ran the half last year and this is an extremely flat course) http://www.skagitflatsmarathon.com/
The Seattle Marathon in November
http://www.seattlemarathon.org/

I am sure there are lots of others in the Seattle/Bellingham/Tacoma area though. Good luck with your training. I recommend a Garmin Forerunner if you're serious about running half/full marathons. I have one and I absolutely love that thing! :)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, since we're on the threadjack, anyone doing the breast cancer marathon/half in Jax Beach in February? My grandmother survived it so I'm planning on running the half. No more fulls for me. I ran the Baltimore Marathon in October and my knee issues made it the most awful experience ever, but I think I can still do 13.1 without wanting to die.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Pickle, I'm with you on the 2P by March and I'm hoping PPC by the end of the year. My overall goal is to be a jg PPC and I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch.

Also, I'd like to get into 3710 a bit more and just basic aviation and instrument principles. Those have seem to gone by the wayside in favor of systems stuff.

What's your ground job, btw?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
PAO, Command Sponsor Coordinator, Voting Affairs Officer...that and pretty much being a badass all the time!