• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New way to memorize your EPs

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wtf is the 2b47? :confused: Is that like the cool kid name for the T-6 sim? :)

It's this navigation trainer we have in academics before we get to our instrument sims, and they're taught by the same guys who do the sims. Basically your entire class is in a room together and you're in your own little bubble, connected with ICS to everyone, and you stare at a computer screen and fly routes practicing using VORs and stuff. It's to hone your skills before you hop in the sim and try to manage all the FO stuff with the cockpit stuff. The hilarious part of it is that at the end you get a printout showing the route you were supposed to fly and what you actually did, and since you have to type in turn left/right, you end up doing lots of donuts in the sky. And since you're all connected over ICS, you get to hear your instructor yelling at all your classmates....,"BUCK 318, where the hell are you going?" was the theme of my last couple weeks.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
Never had those sims when I went through. Sounds pretty cool except for the having to type to turn left or right etc.

As far as instructors yelling, maybe they should STFU!?!? There really is no need for that. I wouldn't mind being a visitor walking through, checking things out and seeing that type of behavior. I couldn't help but say something. I have this uncontrollable desire to confront dickheads wherever the festering pustules open their co#k holsters.

As I was.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As far as instructors yelling, maybe they should STFU!?!? There really is no need for that. I wouldn't mind being a visitor walking through, checking things out and seeing that type of behavior. I couldn't help but say something. I have this uncontrollable desire to confront dickheads wherever the festering pustules open their co#k holsters.

We need more of you in Meridian :)