• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New way to memorize your EPs

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I am sure after acrobatics yea they would be fairly mild

Like this? :D

Acro08OlyGalaClive-BrunskillGETTY82473469.jpg

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
Like this? :D

Acro08OlyGalaClive-BrunskillGETTY82473469.jpg
Yep something like that :D so thats where my wife learned that.

Talk to me about straight and level being easy after RI's.
I am sorry but after flying solo from Utah to Detroit a 16 hour flight in the single engine plane I was in. I found Straight and Level was easy and boring as hell. Just how it is. I am sure it will be different in the Navy

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talk to me about straight and level being easy after RI's.

This probably goes in the stupid questions thread, but how is RI for pilots in primary different from intruments in NFO primary? Does it involve the same level of wanting to stab yourself in the face?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
This probably goes in the stupid questions thread, but how is RI for pilots in primary different from intruments in NFO primary? Does it involve the same level of wanting to stab yourself in the face?

Aside from the very obvious difference, I really couldn't say, having never been through NFO school. Hopefully it does include screaming and personal insults from angry sim instructors for you all as well. I'd say primary RI's were pretty laid back in hindsight, and the sim IP's there were pussycats. Out here it is quite a whole other "experience".....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Aside from the very obvious difference, I really couldn't say, having never been through NFO school. Hopefully it does include screaming and personal insults from angry sim instructors for you all as well. I'd say primary RI's were pretty laid back in hindsight, and the sim IP's there were pussycats. Out here it is quite a whole other "experience".....

Are you talking about the infamous "WE CAN'T FUCKING LIVE LIKE THIS!!" dude?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
SNA Primary is more concerned w/ procedures and making the plane do what it's supposed to do whereas SNFO primary (based on talking w/ IPs) is more geared towards telling the pilot what to do, procedurally, and using good CRM. SNA Primary is geared towards single-seat training, so the "primary" RIs (as opposed to the "intermediate" RIs) is theoretically up to the student to do everything. Once in the "intermediate" RIs, my technique was that if the guy had a shot at jets and wanted jets, I'd have him do everything (fly, talk, nav) while on the road (while he was at the controls, anyway), but if the stud didn't have the grades and/or wanted helos, I'd included more CRM into the flight to get them ready for Advanced (which is how Intermediates was designed back when they had it).

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor

The difference is we don't fly the plane, so they give us a lot more BS procedures to teach you to multi-task and be a good co-pilot at the same time.

gotta_fly

pilot

In the sims we want to stab ourselves in the face, but we can't because they will immediately flip inverted upon release of the controls.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The angry sim/2b47 instructors are amusing. I'm still only in the 2b47, but I think that heightens the angryness since the instructor has to correct the retardedness of the entire class. We did get death threats at one point. :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The angry sim/2b47 instructors are amusing. I'm still only in the 2b47, but I think that heightens the angryness since the instructor has to correct the retardedness of the entire class. We did get death threats at one point. :D

wtf is the 2b47? :confused: Is that like the cool kid name for the T-6 sim? :)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
wtf is the 2b47? :confused: Is that like the cool kid name for the T-6 sim? :)

Why it's the "angry sim." Isn't that what she said? You can look it up in the instruction if you don't believe me... :D