• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New VT-6 Social Networking Site

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
After listening to you guys talk, I guess my beef is more with the new grading system than the squadrons. But I'm a MPTS kid, and don't know any better.

I'll quit bitching now.

I'd say that it is much easier to squeak by with marginal grades in MPTS than it is in the old system. That being said, the MPTS system also gives you more of a buffer if you have a bad day, or don't catch on as quickly in some stage as your peers. So are you saying that you have beef with it because it is letting folks through who shouldn't be getting through, or do you have beef with it for some other reason?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I can totally understand, but in my humble opinion this should have been a more unified effort amongst the COs. And I understand that every CO has the right to run his/her squadron how he/she pleases (to a certain extent). Just sucked when you know a solid guy in squadron A get the boot, but the dumbass in squadron B makes it through with no problems. And it's all because he was in squadron B. After listening to you guys talk, I guess my beef is more with the new grading system than the squadrons. But I'm a MPTS kid, and don't know any better.

I'll quit bitching now.

It seemed to me some squadron CO's were more worried about how many students made it through regardless of performance. It looks better in a way and maybe it makes for being the VT squadron of the year. That's just my opinion though, no facts to back it up.

With regards to the grading system, I went through 94-96, the old grading system. IMO, its biggest issue was standardization. An above average hop with one pilot was a below with another. I would suspect though that an above average hop could have been defined along the lines of a 4 in the MPTS but I suspect it is a lot more involved than that. I certainly flew with a few studs who were marginal but good enough to get through the current system. The old system would not have allowed that as it wasn't set up that way. I would say this system is better but it doesn't necessarily put better pilots, overall, through the program. I think the amount of average to good pilots is the same, but more marginal get through the program.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I'd say that it is much easier to squeak by with marginal grades in MPTS than it is in the old system. That being said, the MPTS system also gives you more of a buffer if you have a bad day, or don't catch on as quickly in some stage as your peers. So are you saying that you have beef with it because it is letting folks through who shouldn't be getting through, or do you have beef with it for some other reason?

I've realized that my 200-ish hours and complete lack of fleet-flight hours means I need to STFU because I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Anyone need any coffee?

careerO-3

pilot
I've realized that my 200-ish hours and complete lack of fleet-flight hours means I need to STFU because I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Anyone need any coffee?

You are trainable!