• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New VT-6 Social Networking Site

d3west86

A new social networking site has been created for current and former Shooters. You can also find out information regarding the 50th anniversary festivities that will be taking place in May.

You can find it at http://www.traronsix.us/

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
A whole other site?

Why not just use a proven website/forum that we all use already? Hell, talk to the mods here and get your own section to moderate on AW.

VT-27
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=26192168697&ref=ts

VT-28
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=43227753858&ref=ts

VT-2
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Milton-FL/VT-2-Doerbirds/74303978354?ref=ts
"VT-2 DoerbirdsHey Doerbirds! Get ready for VT-2's 50th Anniversary Celebration on 7 May 2010! All instructors past and present are invited. All current students and VT-2 alumni at South Whiting are invited as well. The day of celebration begins at 0900 with a memorial ceremony at the VT-2 flag pole at North Whiting Field followed by the party at 1500 at Flounders Restaurant in Pensacola Beach."

Work smarter not harder.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I was surprised to get an invite to VT-3's 50th anniversary bash in a huge NMCI mass mailing.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Don't get me wrong. 6 was good, and definitely better than 3. You learned a lot going through there. But last I heard, they were responsible for a majority of the attrition at Whiting.

AJT

Yeah VT-6 was definitely the place to be in 2008-2009. And yes responsible for more attrition, but maybe that means the other squadrons weren't kicking enough out.

Either way VT-6 does have a Facebook site that works fine.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't get me wrong. 6 was good, and definitely better than 3. You learned a lot going through there. But last I heard, they were responsible for a majority of the attrition at Whiting.

This is accurate but they weren't just kicking guys out for the fun of it. I was an associate IP with VT-6 and the CO grew tired of crap getting through and he started cracking down on those folks who should not have gone on. The big dogs in the training command always say the same thing, the relatively new grading system puts more students through the program, better students as well. I disagree but that's for another discussion. IMO, VT-6 was a great ready room as far as IP's go. I can certainly see students maybe having a different perspective.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This is accurate but they weren't just kicking guys out for the fun of it...

As a wing guy you got to see both sides of the stories. (A mixed blessing, I'm sure.)

Me, I've been an advanced guy long enough to see plenty of "WTH" moments, giving or receiving (in the big scheme of things advanced is really just the step between primary and the FRS, just like primary is between preflight and advanced, and so on...). The names and faces associated with the "WTH" moments change, but the stories repeat themselves over, and over, and over...

Seeing things from both sides of the table, it's funny how the advice "ENS Jim" got when starting the program still holds true- work hard, work together, don't be afraid to ask for help, and don't waste any time worrying about your grades.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
This is accurate but they weren't just kicking guys out for the fun of it. I was an associate IP with VT-6 and the CO grew tired of crap getting through and he started cracking down on those folks who should not have gone on. The big dogs in the training command always say the same thing, the relatively new grading system puts more students through the program, better students as well. I disagree but that's for another discussion. IMO, VT-6 was a great ready room as far as IP's go. I can certainly see students maybe having a different perspective.

I can totally understand, but in my humble opinion this should have been a more unified effort amongst the COs. And I understand that every CO has the right to run his/her squadron how he/she pleases (to a certain extent). Just sucked when you know a solid guy in squadron A get the boot, but the dumbass in squadron B makes it through with no problems. And it's all because he was in squadron B. After listening to you guys talk, I guess my beef is more with the new grading system than the squadrons. But I'm a MPTS kid, and don't know any better.

I'll quit bitching now.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
After listening to you guys talk, I guess my beef is more with the new grading system than the squadrons. But I'm a MPTS kid, and don't know any better.

I'll quit bitching now.

After having been graded by both systems - MIF in Primary and the Above/Below system here in Intermediate/Advanced, I'm a proponent of MIF. I mainly liked knowing exactly what standard one had to perform to on each maneuver. That, and there was a greater standardization amongst the grades that IPs gave out, or at least it appeared so from a stud's perspective. In the former it was easier to excel and as such if you had a rough flight it was easy to make up for it within that block, the latter seems to focus more on solid performance day in and day out, which I can certainly see the benefit of, as you can't make up for a an off flight when a single "above" is all that separates a good flight from an average/slightly below average one.