• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New PT Uniform

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think a gray shirt with a refelctive N or Navy, similar to the Army PT t-shirt, would have looked better than honey bee yellow.

penderwt

yut king
14179__borat_home_l.jpg

i swear, my neighbor, he pain in my assholes. I get new clock radio, he get new clock radio, I get new pt uniform,
071204_runningsuit_800.JPG

he get new pt uniform.

He get yellow. Everyone know it for girls. Success!

Attachments

• 040108nt_uniform_800_287.jpg
    040108nt_uniform_800_287.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 44

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
so will the chiefs at OCS stop wearing their yellow tops?

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I think a gray shirt with a refelctive N or Navy, similar to the Army PT t-shirt, would have looked better than honey bee yellow.

I think that they could have done alot more with this.. Are the shorts still going to be the same type of material, so that they may be used as swim gear also.

hscs

pilot
Why can't we just do the alternate uniform for the Army/Air Force -- black shorts and brown t-shirts. A lot cheaper and we didn't need to have a bunch of idiots locked into a room in DC trying to find a way to waste money.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
i swear, my neighbor, he pain in my assholes. I get new clock radio, he get new clock radio, I get new pt uniform,

he get new pt uniform.

He get yellow. Everyone know it for girls. Success!
Since you're new to the game, I'll bring you up to speed.

The USMC, the service that has been running around in little green nut-huggers for the past umpteen years, does not get to call anyone else's PT gear gay. That would be like accusing the rest of us of having unfashionably short hair or too large a collection of polo shirts and jean shorts.

Carry on, smartly.

phrogpilot73

The USMC, the service that has been running around in little green nut-huggers for the past umpteen years, does not get to call anyone else's PT gear gay. That would be like accusing the rest of us of having unfashionably short hair or too large a collection of polo shirts and jean shorts.

Carry on, smartly.
There are the operable terms. I've seen Chiefs WALKING the PRT with a coffee cup in one hand, and a cigarette in the other... We can call your PT gear gay because we actually use it for "PT". Now, if you were to call it "leisure wear", then you're right - we have no leg to stand on. ;)

Bevo16

pilot
Why can't we just do the alternate uniform for the Army/Air Force -- black shorts and brown t-shirts. A lot cheaper and we didn't need to have a bunch of idiots locked into a room in DC trying to find a way to waste money.

FWIW, those that you are speaking of are in Millington, not DC. I recently got an education in how the Navy's Physical Readiness Program is run. I came away with a very fresh understanding of why we have such a lousy program.

Break Break.

I think that the new PT gear is a step in the right direction.

The root of the problem is that the Navy does not have a culture of fitness, we have a culture of drinking. Virtually every part of the Navy's Physical Readiness program is broken. Everything from the standards themselves to the way they are measured needs to be totally revised.

The simple fact is that fitness is not a priority for the Navy. We do not fund the facilities like the Marines do, and we do not properly educate our sailors on nutrition and fitness. We give a PRT twice a year. As long as you pass it, that's pretty much it.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The simple fact is that fitness is not a priority for the Navy. We do not fund the facilities like the Marines do, and we do not properly educate our sailors on nutrition and fitness. We give a PRT twice a year. As long as you pass it, that's pretty much it.

Like all things, change takes time. It's starting to happen, but in the transition (which admittedly could take 20 yrs) there are going to be mistakes.
That's why I like this board. Change starts with junior leaders, and one thing that seems more prevalent is a sense of fitness in younger folks and more importantly, a natural habit for inclusion of PT in daily life.
Also vital, senior leadership needs to no-shit pony up to the "three times a week" minimum during work hours allocation for PT and treat it like a scheduled event. I've seen much more of this too.
If Chiefs or Officers show up to PT or PRT's and don't lead from the front, they are failing.
Kool-Aid spigot secured.:tongue2_1

gunfighter77

pilot
070629_uniform2_story.JPG

Bevo, these guys look like they are in pretty good shape.

usmc_pullups_jun2000.JPG

And look at these state of the art facilities.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor

Carry on, smartly.

Don't forget the braided belt.

I agree fully. They didn't even change fabrics or cut or anything. I'm all for not fixing what's not broke, but I am for seeing some breakthroughs that reflect the amount of time and money spent in research.

It may be worth it though to put a fresh face on the Navy's PT program. I don't know too much about where it has come from, but I do know where they want it to go. Yes, the change will take 20 years, as even here at the ROTC level where everything is choreographed and micromanaged and all about molding the clay, there are still huge amounts of people that fall below the bar physically who still get to the fleet. I'm not at all cynical that the Navy will someday have their culture of fitness, but at this rate, I'll be a general before it happens.