• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Primary Track Select Option (Tailhook minus all the Jet-Guy Douchenozzlery)

Planeform

pilot
Yeah, that's what I figured they'd do for the transition cats, but I'm not sure how they'd rationalize a different program from the Marine pipeline for the nuggets. When are the first dudes scheduled to go to New River?

Still many unknowns but the first guys will go in 17 most likely. I think the idea is to populate the community with osprey drivers internally for a few years before taking the normal quantity of nuggets. Long term, I think the idea is to eventually get our own Navy FRS.

Planeform

pilot
IKE and Uncle Fester have it figured out...it will be mostly COD guys. We will ultimately have helo guys and perhaps even marines come into our squadrons but the majority will come from existing COD dets/squadrons.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still many unknowns but the first guys will go in 17 most likely. I think the idea is to populate the community with osprey drivers internally for a few years before taking the normal quantity of nuggets. Long term, I think the idea is to eventually get our own Navy FRS.

Yeah, but you're going to have to replace attrition and promotion...can't keep dudes as permanent JOs, though I'm sure there would be volunteers. LTJG CODsprey Guy has to come from somewhere.

Planeform

pilot
Yeah, but you're going to have to replace attrition and promotion...can't keep dudes as permanent JOs, though I'm sure there would be volunteers. LTJG CODsprey Guy has to come from somewhere.

Absolutely; I am not fully aware of what that plan is at this time.