• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Primary Track Select Option (Tailhook minus all the Jet-Guy Douchenozzlery)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
For those in, or going to Primary in the future, C-2/E-2 is now a separate track.
Still need a 50 NSS.

See following (redacted) e-mail...
Pickle
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 3:35 PM
To: CAPT CTW; COL CTW-5, Commodore; CAPT CTW-5, Deputy Commodore

Subject: E-2/C-2 REVERSE FLOW/PIPELINE SELECTION

Commodores, we have been waiting quite some time for the requisite syllabi rewrite & TIMS upgrades to enable E-2/C-2 pipeline Reverse Flow (includes selection of E-2/C-2 pilots at the completion of primary flight training & training at TW-4 prior to TW's 1 & 2). All the parts & pieces are now in-place (i.e. syllabi signed, TIMS upgraded and tested, etc.). Coordination between Task Groups has occurred and we are now ready to push the "execute" button. Beginning with the 22 January pilot pipeline selection, we will accept E-2/C-2 as a selection option (50 NSS and above). Along with this change comes the potential for a student pilot to be drafted into the E-2/C-2 pipeline (i.e. any person listing TAC on his/her selection card, and having 50 NSS or above). My N35 shop has scheduled a telecon with your StuCon Reps for Tuesday, 13 Jan (1000 CST) to answer questions or discuss any final coordination issues. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. VR Doug

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
'Drafting' e-2 guys? So unless you want jets shoot for a 49? At the end of the day I guess we have little control over it anyway...

Edit: I'm shooting for helos regardless

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great, so we've wound back time to the last time they did this? I always wanted to take a few more spins in the old Goosehawk. When's my brief?

I mean, not literally, of course. Bad juju to spin that jet.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Now that the navy is replacing the COD with the osprey it looks at if the helo community has a stepchild now too...If I make it I would rather not fly the osprey but again that's from the outside looking in

Serious question, why wouldn't you want to fly the Plopter COD? Also the C-2 will still be around for a while. People will still be selecting it till 2020.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Serious question, why wouldn't you want to fly the Plopter COD? Also the C-2 will still be around for a while. People will still be selecting it till 2020.
Maybe the years of me hearing how unreliable and unsafe they are. Maybe it's a blind misconception that'll change once I crossover as an aviator.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
For those in, or going to Primary in the future, C-2/E-2 is now a separate track.
Still need a 50 NSS.

See following (redacted) e-mail...
Pickle
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 3:35 PM
To: CAPT CTW; COL CTW-5, Commodore; CAPT CTW-5, Deputy Commodore

Subject: E-2/C-2 REVERSE FLOW/PIPELINE SELECTION

Commodores, we have been waiting quite some time for the requisite syllabi rewrite & TIMS upgrades to enable E-2/C-2 pipeline Reverse Flow (includes selection of E-2/C-2 pilots at the completion of primary flight training & training at TW-4 prior to TW's 1 & 2). All the parts & pieces are now in-place (i.e. syllabi signed, TIMS upgraded and tested, etc.). Coordination between Task Groups has occurred and we are now ready to push the "execute" button. Beginning with the 22 January pilot pipeline selection, we will accept E-2/C-2 as a selection option (50 NSS and above). Along with this change comes the potential for a student pilot to be drafted into the E-2/C-2 pipeline (i.e. any person listing TAC on his/her selection card, and having 50 NSS or above). My N35 shop has scheduled a telecon with your StuCon Reps for Tuesday, 13 Jan (1000 CST) to answer questions or discuss any final coordination issues. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. VR Doug

If this relatively "minor" change took 1.5 years to implement...

Now that the navy is replacing the COD with the osprey it looks at if the helo community has a stepchild now too...If I make it I would rather not fly the osprey but again that's from the outside looking in

http://breakingdefense.com/2015/01/navy-decides-to-buy-v-22-ospreys-for-carrier-delivery/

then this change will probably be implemented in 2030. Granted, it is two completely different pots of money with one being TRACOM and the other being the Fleet. That, and a myriad of other factors, but the sundown of both the T34 and P3 have taken way longer than expected.