• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Pilot AND NFO Max Age Limit!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Don’t forget CVN Fuels officer!

I think those are the folks who turn down transition to SWO or something and are running out the clock on a service commitment from college.

RoarkJr.

What about for USMC SNAs, I didn’t see a MARADMIN. Would the prior enlisted waivers still apply, making the age extension even longer? I’m locked in already, just looking for more info before I pass word to the MECEPS here.

PMPT

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been any thought of having post-primary attritions slide into a UAV seat? I know the Marines have officer UAV drivers but not sure about the Navy. They have shown some airmanship skill and cost some money, so why not get some value out of them?

I don't know if its an official policy, but there are definitely intermediate/advanced attrites going to UAS. That however is a 'competitive' selection and I've seen guys who left T-44 world get sent to go to be Adjutant's etc.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Meanwhile it still takes 11 months after commissioning to finish API.

Top that off with "Recruiting Assistance Duty" for Pilot trainees right after OCS. One of my Air Force ROTC buddies (we both dropped from the program so we could go Navy btw) had been there and given me this very basic idea.

Meyerkord

pilot
Top that off with "Recruiting Assistance Duty" for Pilot trainees right after OCS. One of my Air Force ROTC buddies (we both dropped from the program so we could go Navy btw) had been there and given me this very basic idea.
Yep. Wasn't a bad gig at all. Got to spend basically the entire summer at home with the family doing absolutely nothing. People (myself included) like to complain about waiting, but it's really not a bad thing whatsoever.

bucka

pilot
Crazy.
I had Wings on my chest ~54 weeks after I commissioned out of ROTC.
Putting on Captain before leaving Kingsville isn't uncommon for Marines after NOBOGS. Most Navy cats are well on their way to LT. We have more in the syllabus before wings than USAF, but I've been in training command for four years.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep. Wasn't a bad gig at all. Got to spend basically the entire summer at home with the family doing absolutely nothing. People (myself included) like to complain about waiting, but it's really not a bad thing whatsoever.

Until you miss career milestones later in your career because of the extra time you were sitting or your shore duty gets cut short.