• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Pilot AND NFO Max Age Limit!

MGoBrew11

pilot
The Commodore at TW-5 at the time viewed Advanced attrites as a failure - meaning either the SNA did not receive candid feedback in Primary/Intermediates or in the HT's we we didn't intervene early enough to put more structure or manage his/her flow through curriculum. When I ran STAN we had student red flag reviews with with the Flight Leaders. Either the Flight Leaders were tagged with leadership follow ups or we in STAN got stage manager level instruction for a flight to get the young man or woman's deficiencies noted, documented so the next IP knew what to look for when the ATJ was reviewed prior to next hop. This was ridiculously effective. Downs were never a surprise.

I can't stand that attitude. I understand it, but it is wrong IMHO. Flight school, no matter the stage, is still a filter for the fleet. Can't stand it when students show up to the FRS, or worse a fleet squadron, unprepared and should have been attrited in advanced.

But instead, we pass the trash because "no one should attrite past primary".

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Narrator: it wasn’t.
Is that the narrator from the Wonder Years, is it the voice of Magnum P.I., is it Ray Liotta ("As far back as I can remember..."), Peter Falk (not Colombo Peter Falk, the grandfather from Princess Bride Peter Falk), other/none of the above?

isshinwhat

None
I turned 31 shortly after winging, my wife had baby #3 during pilot training, and I got rolled back for medical reasons. All that said, I graduated top of the class and was selected for 1 of 2 fighters that dropped for my class of 13 students in T-38s.

Having a family provided balance and forced me to make good use of my time in the squadron so I had time for them when I went home. It’s all what you make of it. We only had one older guy really have any serious problems adapting that I’m aware of, and although we were friends, he honestly shouldn’t have been selected for UPT to begin with. At the time reservists weren’t required to go through IFS and his first exposure kicked him in the balls.

I can see where some life situations would make adapting more difficult, but in my case I never saw being older and having kids as a detriment.

Aceleo

SNA
Seems like we deviated a little bit from the topic of discussion.
I too got a call from my recruiter the other day about Navy increasing the max age limit.
I will be turning 27 soon and the last thing I want happening is getting DQd from SNA since there is no official announcement of age limit increase.
Has there been any official document or announcements made yet?

exNavyOffRec

Seems like we deviated a little bit from the topic of discussion.
I too got a call from my recruiter the other day about Navy increasing the max age limit.
I will be turning 27 soon and the last thing I want happening is getting DQd from SNA since there is no official announcement of age limit increase.
Has there been any official document or announcements made yet?

If only someone had posted the PA that was signed? hint: search for PA 106

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if the age limit has also been lifted for STA-21 accessions and/or is the Navy going to open up the throttle on that pipeline soon as well?