• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Speaking of flight pay, is it normal to not receive it until advanced? :(

No. If in fact you didn't get it as soon as you checked into your primary squadron the Navy owes you some back pay.

robav8r

None
Contributor
No. You definitely need to go to PSD and get that straightened out.

For all the new guys & gals just starting the aviation pipeline, it would benefit you to sit down with your DK or whatever govt. troll is managing you pay acct and make sure you completely understand your LES and all current & future pays you are/will be entitled to. Dig into the instructions & manuals, don't wait for an EFT FUBAR to get your attention.

JTW

A Flying Sea-WO
pilot
Still waiting on my back pay for the 7 months of flight pay. Sorry I figured everyone would get a laugh out of my situation. I already went back to the wing to get it "re-submitted" as they say.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wait a minute, I thought everyone in the aviation community is here for the "flight pay"? Could have fooled me. ;) I would have showed up for free for some of my flights, but then again I guess I love what I have the privilege of doing. Even if the IP in the back, or now sitting next to me, yells once in a while. Speaking of flight pay, is it normal to not receive it until advanced? :(

I'm pretty sure mine started when I checked into primary. You might want to ask around your squadron and figure that out.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Still waiting on my back pay for the 7 months of flight pay. Sorry I figured everyone would get a laugh out of my situation. I already went back to the wing to get it "re-submitted" as they say.

Have you talked with your flight lead or STUCON rep (or however the HT's are set up)? If not, they may be able to make someone else care a little more. If you're dealing with the Wing, my guess is you have talked to them, but just making sure.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait a minute, I thought everyone in the aviation community is here for the "flight pay"? Could have fooled me. ;) I would have showed up for free for some of my flights, but then again I guess I love what I have the privilege of doing. Even if the IP in the back, or now sitting next to me, yells once in a while. Speaking of flight pay, is it normal to not receive it until advanced? :(
You should have started receiving it right after checking into VT-XX. You might want to stop by at PSD to have them check your flight pay. Also check mypay....you might already be getting it.

JTW

A Flying Sea-WO
pilot
New LES this morning doesn't have flight pay. So i will be making 2 more stops today to fix the issue. Problem is PSD is down in P'cola and there is only one person in Whiting who handles all the TW-5 students.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
New LES this morning doesn't have flight pay. So i will be making 2 more stops today to fix the issue. Problem is PSD is down in P'cola and there is only one person in Whiting who handles all the TW-5 students.

Have you talked to your STUCON rep? A day off the sked to go down to NPA to deal with months of back pay is probably a legit reason to lose one day of IPP. He/she can make that happen.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

The lady at the Wing has always been pretty helpful and timely regarding my pay and other stuff. Maybe you should just talk to her first to see where you stand, maybe she sent you an email at your navy.mil address or sent some paperwork to your squadron admin office. Truthfully though, I didn't have to do anything to start receiving flight pay, it was just there after I checked in. You could also get the PSD number from her, or off the internet, and save yourself a trip down there.