• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy Uniforms Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
I still vote for loin clothes....and going back to caveman days...he who has the biggest stick runs things! :D

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
Just a quick thought... As far as the survey that was conducted to get imput from the fleet, why is it that the majority of those who took it were E-5 and below. This might sound bad, but it seems that the E-5 and below were more concerned. It seems to me that now that the results are out, those who didn't participate are the ones who are doing the most complaining. It's roughly analogous to someone who dosen't vote in a Presidential election and then complains for the next four years about whoever was voted into office. Basically what I am saying is that those who didn't take the survey (if they were in the Navy when the survey was given) should think about what it is exactly they are upset at.

kaiangel

I was enlisted during the last uniform change. Enlisted people have always had bad working uniforms. Not only ugly, but fairly useless as well. I cannot see one reason why these new concepts are more impractical than utilities. Coverall are nice, but they are not really a uniform (putting nametapes does not make something a uniform). On the other hand, every chief or officer uniform is at least somewhat respectable. It was actually the officer uniforms that initially made me want a commission. During my last deployment I wore BDU's for three months straight as part of boarding operations. They were no harder to maintain and looked much better. All these senior people are making so many excuses as to why the new concept uniforms are impractical for the shipboard working environment. Yet, it is the people who are actually doing the hands on work who support them most.

Status
Not open for further replies.