• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Initiatives from SECNAV

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This doesn't seem like it will work very well with aviators in an active duty squadron. Especially concerning timing.

No doubt it'll throw a wrench in the works. Seeing as the community managers are chinsy to begin with when it comes to giving up just ones and twos for lateral transfer boards, the idea of an additional handful people rolling between year groups (this already happens albeit very rarely) is gonna be really popular in Millington.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The Proceedings article is spot on. I'd refer you to a similar article in the Gazette by some genious Marine offer in Mar 10, but the Gazette doesn't have publically accessible back issues.

I'm not buying the healthcare argument. That's mixing apples and oranges. This shouldn't become a healthcare debate, but ANY system, either more private or more public, would be better than what we have today, which is the worst of both worlds.

As with many things, let's start adhering to and enforcing the rules we already have before we start enacting new ones. This fiasco reminds me of the "interpretations" of uniform regs, wherein Sergeants Major invent rules that don't exist. We have plenty of rules already. Let's concentrate on those.

+1...if only for your correct use of the plural Sergeants Major!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No doubt it'll throw a wrench in the works. Seeing as the community managers are chinsy to begin with when it comes to giving up just ones and twos for lateral transfer boards, the idea of an additional handful people rolling between year groups (this already happens albeit very rarely) is gonna be really popular in Millington.

I can see some strategic sabbaticals prior to certain boards and such. Selection rates low this year? Why don't I take some time off and try again later.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Admiral King (CNO/CINCFleet) during WWII issued a directive that addressed the micromanagement and failure to develop future leaders by not trusting them.
He wrote this 11 months BEFORE the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I ask you how much of what he cautions against is evident in today's Navy and other services?

Attachments

• CINCLANT Serial 053.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 70

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Uncle Ray has charged full bore, at the behest of his boss, almost religiously, along with the peak oil production hypothesis while first order warfighting capability goes underfunded. This lack of perspective is having clear ill effect on the service in his charge.

The breathalyzing sex crazed deployment returnees message doesn't surprise me, his myopia is cronic.

Can we vote him off the island before we lose the next war?

Navy moral vector and my own are now approaching perpendicular.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Is this stuff going to roll down on the green side, too? Shit, I thought we were supposed to show up drunk if we weren't flying.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Should we have a breathalyzer app for AW? It may keep HAL from drunk posting while he's in Sydney next time drinking (and mocking us)

Just a thought.... :)

Almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Should we have a breathalyzer app for AW? It may keep HAL from drunk posting while he's in Sydney next time drinking (and mocking us)

Just a thought.... :)
That would be tonight....Fat Yak at the Lord Robert with some fish & chips.

But you mere mortals don't seem to appreciate "the Show"...

Next stop, Osaka - shochu & ramen. (After recurrent next week in Seattle.)